Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Be strong to pass the gap :)
    Stay away if you have no balls :)

2. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah. Multiclass single player would be cool, but not a need, just a want

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @TonyJ hello Dimension4 and Koly time to move on loser,
    theres an idea and suggestion for ya ;)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  4. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Would you consider adding a mouse controlled interface for free camera in replays?

5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    That's already the case no (if you're in free moving mode or whatever the name is) ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... I was trying to record from a custom positioned camera on Monza. I started from a TV camera, pressed free flight camera, zoomed out, placed it and pressed lock camera, but when I try to return to start the replay the camera switches back to the original state. What can I do?

Making mouse buttons bindable for replays would be nice too.

7. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    How 'bout a save and resume mid race facility (perhaps via the replay system like in rFactor 2) for us off-line endurance racing wimps with no stamina? :)

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    What am I missing in RaceRoom
    A competition where less fast riders can participate
    Just like football, for example, where you end up in a division in time on the basis of your abilities.
    There are no prizes to be faced here.
    I understand that it is commercial to give faster drivers more attention and also to link prices here.
    But RaceRoom also has a whole delegation of lesser riders who also give them money.
    SRS is a nice addition at the moment and if this could be extended to levels with competition would be super
    But actually I would expect that something like this should be possible from RaceRoom.
    Sorry for my bad English

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Its that time of the month. An update is starting to be excpected and my current list is as follows. Also jus to add, the "hard" or "easy" is subjective and i really have no idea if it is or not, its just to organize it better.

The "easy" stuff:

-Slowdowns need fixing, better but still buggy. Manual way to serve penalties would be welcomed, cutting the throttle mid corner is just bad
    -no cooldown lap after race
    -qualifying ending right after the time runs out and not letting you finish the started lap
    -no rollings starts for multiplayer
    -formation lap with safety car
    -no ai selector singleplayer
    -no false starts
    -no quickchat and no propper chat system in general
    -Can't ajust FOV ingame
    -Can't stall the cars
    -Working lights in cockpit, ABS ligh when ABS is triggered, when lights are turned on etc .... Currently this doesn't happen.
    -STOP SHOWING THE FREAKING KTM GT4 IF ITS NOT IN THE FREAKING GAME !!!
    -kick / ban feature (at least kick)
    -Limit number of cars/classes in multiplayer. So a server can choose to have, for exemple, a server can select to have 10 gt3 and 10 lmp2 max
    -Leaving pits and crossing line detection
    -Let server set limit of contacts for a race
    -Add decimal place to brake bias on setup menu. you can't tell if its 50.0% or 50.5% in some cars.
    -Update Porsche sounds
    -Track grip doesn't vary through the race
    -Driver rankings with all the safety ratings and stuff

The "harder" stuff now:

-no tyre pressure options
    -Update old cars phisics, lmp2's deserve a update since they actually look decent.
    -Updated damage model
    -Driver Swap
    -Can't go to menu and back to race.

The stuff that won't ever be added because of a new engine or other "reasons".

-Full dynamic track
    -Night
    -Rain
    -Playing offline
    -Bands Hatch GP

• Like Like x 4
  10. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good evening, why do not you guys in sector 3 add an option to display at the end of the race the score of each rider and thus make life easier for those who organize championships?

11. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've been told by many players here on the forums that RaceRoom Racing Experience does not have tyre flex, flat spotting, etc etc and for a sim like this with arguably some of the best (basic) physics, I would think it would have these real life elements.

We're coming to a day and age where these things will be standard with new sims. Even Forza Motorsport 7 now simulates chassis flex, rFactor 2 has the best tyre model and in my opinion, RaceRoom has the best weight distribution and definitely the best braking mechanics I've seen in a sim.

I think these missing mechanics are a big deal, especially in times like this where technology is advancing and these sims get more in-depth. Assetto Corsa Competizione is releasing an early access this summer and depending on how successful it is, there could be quite a large competition out there.

There may be a reason for not having these things. If so, what are they? and for another question, will these realistic mechanics possessed by other sims ever be implimented into R3E? and how accurately would they be simulated?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You keep repeating that, but could you point to any post saying that? As mentioned before, tyre flexing has been and is an element in RR, as are most other physics related elements, like tyre pressure. Just because there's no adjustable option doesn't mean it isn't being simulated.

Flat spotting however is missing indeed. No idea if it's being considered to be introduced at a later stage.

13. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Flat spotting from what I know is only in rfactor 2. AND THANK GOD FOR THAT! Its like rain, it's a one trick pony, its cool once you see it but it's not so cool when you lock up right after changing tires or on the first lap ... If its added I really hope you can disable it especially in online racing.
    Actually ... Flatspotting is so good that even in the S397 forums there is a post asking to disable it lol. https://forum.studio-397.com/index....e-include-option-to-disable-this.54330/page-6

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I'm not taking sides when it comes to flat spotting, just acknowledging the fact it's not part of RR's physics.
    I understand why people would want to have it, simply because it's a thing that can and does occur in real life racing. But on the other hand I agree that it's not sth that I'd personally need or use much, pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned.

15. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I don't get it, you buy a racing (SIM) to get the most realistic racing experience as possible, yes? So, why wouldn't you want this real life mechanic added into it? Sure, it's frustrating when that happens, but so is real life racing. It's all part of the experience. Same with wreckless drivers in a race and crashing. When you get spun out during a race, or you have an engine failure, you blow a tyre, etc it's all very frustrating but its a real thing and you can't just run away from it. A sim is a sim, its supposed to simulate real life, by not doing so, it isn't a "sim" now is it?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    We do have tyre flex in RaceRoom cars, it's right there at the centre of the tyre code and helps to define how a tyre behaves. The tyre springness and bouncyness (spring rate and damper rates) are matched to real world data where ever possible. Flat spotting isn't a feature, but you will find that if you persistently lock brakes your tyre wear will increase as a result.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    What I've learned in the last couple of years is to enjoy each game for what it provides. None of them provide all of features. I really, really want R3E to get more punishing damage and flat spots, but it doesn't have them. But I enjoy other things in it - great content, my favorite series, sound, sense of speed and community :) I personally alternate between rF2 and R3E and don't worry about their limitations much.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What I don't get is why you keep contesting everybody elses opinions and preferences, at least as long as they don't match yours. Why would I have to justify my taste or opinion towards you?
    And I also don't get why you even open that moot and stale argument about what defines a "true" sim. A simulation is by definition an abstraction of the reality it tries to imitate, otherwise it would become that reality itself. Which parts of that reality the creator of a simulation regards as key characteristics and hence puts emphasis on varies depending on their demands and expectations, but that doesn't mean that a simulation which, for whatever reason, leaves out one particular aspect cannot be called a simulation.

Weren't you the one who - just a few days ago - bemoaned the toxicity and/or ignorance of the sim racing community? Would you say that the kind of behaviour you display here helps that in any way?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What you want is SRS, the Sim Racing System. When you are low skilled you will always be in the lowest division due to your rating. No matter what skill level you have, you will often find opponents there with nearly exactly your speed.

20. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The competition could better in SRS