Released PORSCHE DLC#1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 21, 2017.

1. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I was waiting to purchase the GT3 Pack thinking the cost would be an addition $4-$5 for the Porsche but the pack is now about $10 more than it was prior to the Porsche - forgot about having to pay for all of the liveries. Oh well, I'm in no hurry - I'll wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arrowheadrocker

Arrowheadrocker New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Actually the price politics of S3 are very smart (for them) and you have to be smart yourself to pay as less as possible. But as long as the quality is high it does not matter that much. Look what hardware costs these days...certainly with VR :eek:

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Have the accoustic clutter sounds in cockpits been reduced? The noise that Seyffarth said in one of his videos is dirt inside the wheel boxes and so only to be heard when driving over curbs and into the dirt? In the Porsches, it seems to be gone as long as you drive clean on tarmac, not over ther green, through the sand, excessively over curb - than it sback. And this is how it should be, I think. Good!

The cars work well, and the GT4 clubsports especially is quite alive, even easy to spin, which is something that old Raceroom physics have not been known to be famous for. The cars all are more alive and dynamic, they continue the trend there that was started with the GT3 update recently. Very good.

For 3,50 Euros, I expect a bit more than just one car and one skin, however. After all the time, the business model still deserves the criticism that it notoriously attracts.

I like the detail on the switchable displays in the two bigger Porsche's cockpits.

And I could swear it, somehow there is something unique about the feeling of how Porsches drive. I can even feel the familiarity to the Porsches in Assetto Corsa. Some kind of lightness, agility.

Sector3 absolutely is on the right course with these new physics.

---

As is known, yesterday came the Laguna Seca in AC. After I tested it, I loaded Laguna in Raceroom, for comparison, in a BMW 235i. Ignoring the aI issues I yesterday faced for unknown reasons, I noticed that in raceroom the track felt very simplified, I could drive it faster and more daringly than in AC, taking lines in turns that in AC would have spun me off track. I thought that here is a track present in both sims that feels as diffeent in both games as does Nürburgring, while Spa for example feel very much the same and what you do in one sim will work in the other pretty much the same way at Spa. But then I took the Audi from GT3 at Laguna, and the track in Raceroom immediately became a completely different one. The car spun several times, because I tried to drive it according to the simplified ways that worked with the BMW, and what before worked, now did not work anymore. It was a much closer experience to the laserscanned AC version of the track. Some critics say the cars in Raceroom all feel the same. Well, they do not known enough then. :)

Lesson of it: its not so much the track, its the car physics.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  4. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Porsche GT3 R is much too fast.
    Doing personal best on every track after a few laps

5. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it's been adjusted so the stones sounds are not triggered as often as before, and only in the situations that justify it.
    Great that you noticed it ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I think its hard not to notice it! Great correction!

7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Pricing is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys, ... all three new cars are looking for more challenges ... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Cayman GT 4 Clubsport at ... "I love NY"

[​IMG]
    911 GT3 Cup at ... "America's National Park of Speed"

[​IMG]
    911 GT3 R at ... "Home of the Rolex 24h"

Can they handle all of them? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. You're getting too excited :D:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This Cayman is really challenging, I love it. But I struggle to do a single good lap on Norschleife VLN. :)

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    It's great you attend the remarks of Jan Seyffarth;)

12. Arrowheadrocker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow, just did a GT3 cup race at Spa and it drives really good, lively and fast. First I found the sound a bit odd but in the race it was okay. Very good AI and what a great track Spa is (certainly in the sunset mode). Did this race also with AC and while nice also I highly prefer Raceroom. Lots of fun!

Drove a RUF GT3 after that and still a nice car with great looks. All in VR, those big car asses right in front of you...wonderful:p

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    noticed this too

edit: ninja'd several times... i'm so slow.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  14. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yes, actually we all agreed that it needed some adjustments, but it required some track materials changes, which was handled by the track artists and the physics guys, so I take no credit here :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon Could you please lock @Alex Hodgkinson in a closet and don't let him out until he finishes rehauling all remaining content? I can pay for food

Of course I will also cover expenses of your lawyer afterwards

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I got a premium pack for my wife gifts:)
    Everyone in the forum, Merry Christmas;)

• Like Like x 9
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  17. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'll be patient,, I'll get the premium when we get ferrari, ford, lamborghini, aston martin and acura (obviously GT3/GTE classes ^^), oh and le mans :D. BTW, thats my wish list for this Xmas :p

Merry Christmas from Mexico to all S3 Forum members!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Great work as always sector 3! Love all the new Porsches. But right now it looks a little ridiculous when all the Caymans are running the same livery hopefully some new ones will come soonâ„¢.

Oh also big thumbs up to Alex and Paul at racedepartment for the stream, brilliant stuff. Would like some more of this for sure. Really interesting to hear Alex talk about the cars before you get to drive them. You really understand the car better and why it behaves in a certain way.
    I'm dedicated to tame that beast of 911 gt3 cup car.

19. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    There is no GT4, the Cayman is a class for it's own

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arrowheadrocker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did some more GT3 racing yesterday evening but don't like the sound that much. Too much transmission whine or is it a turbo? Maybe my sound balance is nog right for this car but for most others it works fine. What do you think?