Various noob questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slack Panda, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Slack Panda

Slack Panda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Apologies for the various questions but I figure it’s better to put them all in one place. If anyone could spare a moment to help on any of these it would be appreciated.

1. Are there any plans to add the ability to host your own private multiplayer races with AI ? Ideally I would like to be able to create an online championship against AI that me and my friend can participate in.

2. Can anyone link me to a guide on how to use/setup adaptive AI ?

3. Do all the GT3 cars have the same quality of physics/tyre modelling or are the older GT3 cars running older versions of these ? Basically are the newer cars in the game better than the older cars ?

4. How can I turn off the flag wavers in the crowd, they are terrible.

5. What’s the general balance of performance like between the GT3 cars ? Surely some of the older ones are horribly unbalanced with the newer ones due to different specs etc ?

6. If I wanted to create a realistic 2017 GT3 field what cars should I choose ?

2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    1. I have no idea
    2. Just select adaptive AI and race against them, that's how they adapt
    3. Yes, they all should be competetive among their kind, regardless of age. So the third answer is no.
    4. I think that's done by turning off track animations.
    5. Google the cars of 2017 and only use those

3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    5. All cars in GT3 have balanced performance.

4. Slack Panda

Slack Panda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies. How does adaptive AI work though ? Can I do a practice session and have it remember so that when I race it has the adapted AI ?

Does it work on a per session basis, ie do I have to train them every race ? Or do I train them once and then it remembers for next time I race ? Do I have to train every car to every track ? So many questions lol

5. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Do three 5 lap races at race pace and it will learn your pace at that track.
    Do NOT do 2 lap races. There was a thread last month for this.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    1. Has been mentioned several times by the devs as a "would like to do it, if time allows" feature. So it's not impossible that it will one day be possible, but it hasn't been announced so far.

2. Adaptive AI deconstructed by forum users: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-new-adaptive-ai.5013/
    The investigations and findings in that thread lead to the development of the Adaptive AI Primer Tool: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/adaptive-ai-primer-database-tool.5632/

3. All GT3 cars have been overhauled and are on the exact same page in the physics/tyre model/advancement book.

4. The flag wavers are not influenced by the track animation option (sadly) because they aren't 3D models, they're basically 2D background gifs. The only way to get rid of them is to set the track LOD option to its lowest possible setting. Downside is that most trackside objects will be removed and the overall appearance will be rather bland so I'd say it's best to learn to live with, or in other words ignore them.

5. See #3, the whole class has been overhauled, including a complete BOP of all cars in the class. (Might still need/receive some final fine-tuning but basically they should all be competitive within the GT3 class.)

6. Depends on the real life series you're using as comparison, but you won't be able to reenact any of the big series' due to lack of some cars/manufacturers. Just pick the ones you like/want to see driving around you.

• Like Like x 1