Heusinkveld (Pro) pedals.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fanapryde, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    First of all thanks for all the info @Fanapryde :) Can't rate your posts must be a newbie protection thing.

I'm not seing how the brake plate of the Simetik can bend, I know the fixing point that is closer to the seat is not fixed maybe that's what caused some movement? I know in mine it does a little but I have an idea how to fix that.

Also those adapters to put the pedals at an angle they come with the pedals or with the 100€ aluminium base plate?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome ;)

About the Simetik pedal plate bending...I too thought that could not happen since it is pretty sturdy built. But as it turned out, it did when I tried with only the brake mounted directly on it, without the alu base plate. Part of the issue is -as you suspect- the two support points that are not fixed. The other part is that putting 55 kg pressure on the Simetik plate does induce some bending/movement. Not that bad, but still worth noting. It bothered me but it could very well be that it does not bother you.
    The two adapters (at the time I bought the stuff) were included with the base plate, having the coach between 0° or 10° angled.
    This is what I could find on the HE site about them:

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Wait the loadcell on the brake of the Heusinkveld is only 55kg max? The v3 loadcell has 90kg max and therefore is closer to reality where they brake with up to 120kg. 55kg is nothing imo.

4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I think you misunderstand. I was talking about the FORCE needed to push the brake pedal. That is 55 kg (V3's need about 12 kg max iirc)
    I have no idea about the specs of the loadcell, but since it is the same as used in the ultimates, it will be way beyond the V3.

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Ah okay.

6. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Oh it bothers me allot as it takes precision away. I already reinforced the wheel base plate and I will make a modification to that fixing point that isn't really fixed on the pedal base plate.

I thought when Fanatec described the V3's loadcell a going up to 90kg that it would need a 90kg force for it to reach max, and that for the Pro pedals I'd need to apply 52kg to reach max, which is why I wasn't understanding when you said the Pros made the pedal base plate flex when the V3's doesn't.

I'll buy the Heusinkveld base too then.

I actually registered here just to ask you these questions so I really apreciate the time and detail you have put in your answers and help :)

I wish you a Merry Christmas and happy racing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Merry Christmas to you too !
    You are right, the HE brake pedal needs about 5x the force applied on the V3 brake.
    Playing with the (included) elastomere bushings and the calibration, you can lower the force needed. I have it set at 45 kg now (measured with a scale), which gives me a good feel. 55 was OK too, but a bit too much for some cars/sims. It takes a little while to get used to, coming from other pedal sets. One of my friends gave up after some minutes in my rig because he kept crashing...he says my HE clutch pedal feels heavier than his G27 brake...:D

8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Just got my pedals....ooohhh man are these nice. I thought they were too stiff, but after a couple of days its softened up nicely.

Does anyone know why the clutch gets activated when I hit the brake? I'm noticing in-game in the settings menu that the clutch is activated when i brake. Not sure what's causing that. Doesn't show up in the pedal calibration utility.

9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Don't know. What I do know is that the loadcells register movement if you so much as blow on them. I calibrated a fair deadzone because just 'resting' your foot on the pedal registers a movement. Maybe that could be a cause ?

10. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    This is just the kind of information I was looking for, thanks @Fanapryde ! It made me pull the trigger on a set of these beauties myself, they should be arriving early next week. Can't wait to try 'em out :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    You'll never regret buying these ;)
    After a few months of use they started to produce some noise (when the bushings and other contact points are getting dry).
    It is hardly noticeable when driving though.
    Following HE's instructions I now apply a few drops of olive oil to silence them down again. Works great :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Well, I can think of one way that would make me regret it: my Better Half finding out about 'em :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Tell her that you thought long and hard about the choice between the Pro's and the Ultimates, then show the price of the Ultimates and you'll be fine... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde yeah, I'll do that: that way I'll be sleeping on the couch for only 3 weeks instead of 3 months :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    As long as the couch is near your rig...:rolleyes:

16. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I wish ... :p

17. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde. Thanks so much for the info. I have been wondering myself. I currently use the CSL elite load cell pedals and struggling with consistent brake pressures. So hard to find your brake markers and turn in markers when the car slows down differently every lap. Not so much worried about them making me faster as I am about finding consistency. I have a JCL rig on its way this week as I was thinking my old rig was flexing to much and that might be causing the inconsistency. As soon as I have recovered from that purchase Huesinkvelds were next on my list.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Just got my pros a couple months ago. At first I thought they were way too stiff but after a week they broke in nicely or maybe I just got used to them but they’re amazing. I think I’ve gained more speed and consistency with pedals than anything else.

Against the ultimates. I personally don’t want any stiffer. I have them on the softest setting and it’s perfect for me. Perhaps some want more but it isn’t me.

19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I have them calibrated at 45 kg. The max (55) feels too stiff for me. I know the force needed in real race cars is higher, but there you get help from the increased weight of your body when braking hard.
    The actual setting helps me performing heel/toe. Couldn't do that consitent with previous pedal sets.
    On the other hand, you can also calibrate the Ultimates to much lower pressures. I guess they are even better (or just more sophisticated) than the Pro's, but I found the investment a bit too high...for now... :cool:

20. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    My pedals arrived on Tuesday and I finally got around to doing my first couple of laps at Spa with them tonight, and coming from T3PA Pro's with a RicmoTech loadcell, I can say the HE's are AWESOME ! They're just so precise and smooth, it's almost like driving a real car, which makes it real easy to adapt to them. The brake pedal is simply amazing, I find myself braking later than ever and with much less force, and trailbraking into corners is a breeze. In fact, the pedal I'll need to re-adapt to the most is the throttle: it's so buttery smooth and without any notchiness whatsoever, nothing like the T3PA's which just feel like a toy now. I'll need to unlearn some bad "right foot habits" I reckon :rolleyes:. So far I did about 20 laps and I'm about 0.5 to 1 seconds off my fastest pace, but I have a feeling I'll be improving on that real soon.
    The clutch pedal has a real cool feel to it as well, I'll be giving that one a proper workout tomorrow in the Group 5's or GTO's and see what state my heel-toe skills (or lack thereof) are in.

@Fanapryde , you were right: I won't ever regret buying these pedals, I'm over the moon with my HE's !

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1