DTM 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wozdecky, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    GT3 is already started on the way of the dinosaur with more and more manufacturers jumping on the GT4 bandwagon. I remember British GT had much more GT4 than GT3 these days.

With Mercedes announcing their GT4 car along with Mclaren, Audi, BMW, Chevy and so on had been fielding theirs, GT4's future looks bright for now. Then, in a few years time, you'll see people complaining Game X has too damn many GT4s like how you see people complaining about how games these days have too many GT3s.

EDIT: Aussie Supercars is not doing as well as it was after the series went Foxtel exclusive with exception a few races that are free to air. Also, they lost Volvo last year with Volvo quiting the series along with a major regulations change on the horizon, no more V8 and manufacturers can field coupes like GTR and Mustang. I don't know how will the series hold in coming years.

Losing the V8s aren't as bad for me because it really does not make sense for manufacturers anymore at this time and day but the change of regulations to allow the use of coupes is my problem. Aussie VASC is always about large sized sedan racing on the grid, the sudden change of coupes on the grid felt very jarring for me.

2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Bye, bye :) ... now Audi and BMW have to follow, and the DTM is ready for real restart! "Low budget" racing with standard street / stock cars made by Opel, Ford and VW! Back to the roots like in the first years in the 80s! Yeah, baby! :cool: Cross your fingers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  3. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Guys,

It is great that world of auto racing have so much "genius" that analise all that things.
    This is most stupid conversation I read ( what turbo what Australian, what this, what that).
    There's no anny serious professional driver on this conversation, think about it.
    So, come one leave that stupid arguments and leave sport to pros.
    I already have ansver about R3E DTM 2017.

Thx,

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Great input, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that ADAC already runs a "real" touring car series of TCRs. I doubt DTM will completely morph, especially in the near future. So what will happen to DTM? I think they will either get a replacement manufacturer (Opel?) or they will shut down. Which is more likely.
    BTW, I am authorized to comment on this issue as I am a former professional race car driver, with over 14 years driving in DTM and Supercars in the 80's and 90's, inculding a brief stint in F1. My furry head was always covered by a helmet so that's why you probably don't recognize me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    So only Formula One drivers should discuss Formula One?

What an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. spessartraeuber2

spessartraeuber2 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's very sad I really want to Drive the new M4 DTM and especially the new RS5.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jezziem

Jezziem New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Any new information about the '17 cars? Or is post #6 really all we got? :(

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately it is correct, there are currently no plans to include DTM 2017.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    T
    There wiil be less stupid coments like yours.
    Poor kid

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  11. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    James was right. What an idiot.

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That's still a bit strange to me. The game has a huge German player base, why give up on the most popular German series? Perhaps the new management with Berger has other ideas? But it's none of my business...

13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Whats wrong with DTM 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016?

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Jezziem

Jezziem New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My guess is a licensing issue. The DTM cars are still listed in the stores popular content section, so Sector3 should have all the reason to update them. But maybe they'll do the 2018 ones? :)

Nothing is wrong with the current DTM cars, they are amazing, and that's why the series should be continued. The WTCC 2017 and current GT3 cars were a welcome update as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It was a 4-years contract that ended with season 2016. If I get it right there was a chance to renewal that contract but again coming with high costs. Not sure if it wasn't really wanted or there are some other plans in future...
    Same seems to happen for GT-Masters. In Season 2017 the RR-Logo on the Rear-Wings of the GT-Masters-Cars even disappeared...

Remember that there is a new Game coming which is linked to the Raceroom-Owners and sometimes it just makes no sense to make new agreement for one or two years when it comes with high costs but without something really new...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1