Heusinkveld (Pro) pedals.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fanapryde, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Everything looks perfect when you read the reviews...

Except the price :/

2. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    They are expensive, that's for sure, but worth every penny IMHO. Remember, you're venturing into the high-end product range here, and compared to mass-produced pedals like the T3PA Pro's they're not from another world, but from another universe. They're just that good.

And I happened to have a GTX 1070, a G29, a Playseat Challenge and a couple of R9 270X graphics cards that were just lying around gathering dust, so I sold those on and the revenues gained from that covered about 95% of the cost of the HE's. So in my case, after reading Fanapryde's post that they could be mounted on a Simetik K2, getting the HE's was a no-brainer really.

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Over several years I have used Logitech G27 (only a week or so), two sets of Thrustmaster T500RS (with Mr.Bashers brake mod), Fanatec CSL Elite and Fanatec V3's (with the damper set).
    While it is true that the Heusinkveld Pro set is not cheap, it is - like @Sascha Reynders found out for himself - hugely better than any of the other sets I owned, in feel, construction wise, used materials and they will more than probably last 'forever'. The feel of the clutch pedal is almost exact the same as what you expect in a real car (the little 'clunk' included, the throttle is hugely sensitive, very easy to dose and can also be adjusted in strength (like the other pedals). The brake is simply awesome, you need to try to believe.

4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's not only the cost.
    But, not sure that my rig will support it (and I have since August only). I won't be able to use my rig for several months due to my studies.
    Maybe, when I won't live with my parents anymore, I will buy that. :)