Why do you love "Le Mans"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Dec 31, 2017.

1. jeffers

jeffers New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think it's great track. Even in GTE cars it's still a demanding track, as it demands consistency and accuracy. A very challenging track indeed!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Was that Pablo's dirty racing? I was there a few times myself. The weird thing was some of the racing was better and cleaner than some of the RR public servers who are not supposed to be dirty. When expert level drivers raced for position while bumping a little in a strategic way to get to the front, the backward driving kids would get out gunned and leave quickly.

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember, but that sounds familiar. There was several dirty racing servers, almost always on this track. For me the goal was not to win but to be as dirty as possible, big laughs promised when everyone plays for the same reason. :D

4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I don't like or love the "Circuit de la Sarthe" (please use the official track names and no fantasy garbage like we can still find in R3E, we talk about a SIM, not a GAME like "Need for Speed" ... I hope RaceRoom will understand this one day too :rolleyes: ... every time if I look in my steam track folder or In-Sim menu, I can go crazy :confused:) but it's a "Must-Have" track for a car racing sim as well as the Nürburgring (incl. the Nordschleifen track part!!!), the "Mount Panorama Circuit" (known as Bathurst :rolleyes: ... omg), or the "Daytona International Speedway".

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  5. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes agreed, but somehow it seems wrong to let the lead driver sneak away with a win while stuffing a guy in 20th for the third time. Better to chase down the leader to push him or her wide and take the win.:smilingimp:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    i like le mans alot, but you need day/night along with lmp cars and gte cars first in my opinion

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    For sure that would make the hole thing complete, but there is no necessity for it. A Sim gives you the opportunity to drive Car/Track-Combinations you would love to see, but they don't happen in real live due to different circumstances... Would be interessting to see a F1-Race on Circuit de la sarthe or on brands hatch again, but it will never happen in real life...

In Addition, in the Le Mans-Week there are several other Races on that track that are running only in Daylight with different types of cars.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I voted for it as well, as "Le Mans" for me is THE synonym for racing. Other tracks might be more demanding, especially with the relatively "slow" cars we have in Raceroom, but even with GTE/GT3 cars it is a great track to drive and it takes a while till one squeezes the final seconds out of track and car.
    If I have the choice between a historic icon like Le Mans (yes I know Circuit de la Sarthe...) or one of those modern faceless Mickey Mouse tracks like COTA, I will always choose the former.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Sentimental Hype Renowned Cult Historic
    Memories and so on. It has - as I read - wery litle to do with the actuall track.

That's what i think :)

Compare with Nordschleife. It's "The Green Hell", "The Legend"... i know, but is also a fantastic track, a real roller coster.
    Even if this track was fictional it would still be fun to drive.

Would Circuit de la Sarthe be fun to drive if it was fictional?

10. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Because i like the track for what it is, not just the History. It has long straights and also some tricky corner combinations. It looks easy at first but can get challenging if you are racing other guys or generally trying to be quick on there.
    A track doesnt always have to be super complicated or innovative like those weird modern tracks like the „improved“ Hockenheim or COTA. Sometimes i like the old school pedal to the metal tracks wich have straights to hit the limiter in 6th gear. Might sound boring to others but is fun for me for sure.
    I also would love to see stuff like classic Hockenheim in here or Classic Spa for example.... but maybe thats just me, i mean i really like Monza too and that one is considered the most boring track to drive GT3 on :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Having long straights and some tight and fast corners is not as simple as you might think, you can have amazing races not only with lmp's

but also GTE's

Last year I almost made it to the 24hrs in iRacing with a GTE, but other stuff came across and miss the chance. Nevertheless for the days I practiced, I really loved the rush you feel while doing the Porsche curves as fast as you can :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I'w been in several 24h races. (simracing... not yet irl) and the preparation as a team is fun but demanding. You have to inform family members not to disturb, when you are in your racing seat that weekend (you might be spotting for someone if not racing yourself) Driver swaps have to be practiced, fuel calculation, tire degradation, but most of all a setup that feels Okey for all drivers, and you need atleast 3 drivers and 2 extra spotters/non drivers to help along as the races goes on. But yes, Le Mans is an awesome track to race and watch.... Only 165 days left now, and we will be watching it again :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    The big difference imho between Nordschleife and Le Mans is, that Nordschleife is fun to drive, but Circuit de la Sarthe is fun to race on. As others said, the combination of high speed straights and technically demanding combinations like the Porsche curves plus plenty of overtaking opportunities make it a great race track. Nordschleife is a legend, but overtaking opportunities are minimal which can turn races into processions easily (don't get me wrong, I love the track :) ).
    Back in Project Cars, before I discovered Raceroom, 80% of the time I drove at Le Mans - I would not have done so, if the track was boring ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  15. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  16. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Bring it on! :D

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Excellent, when we have all those things in RR then Le Mans it is, without all these things, pointless imho, saying that would love to drive the NSU around it, with 99 others, guess I'm officially on Le Fence! :)

19. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    If Sector3 bring a proper Group C package I’ll be all for Le Mans. Or if they implement multiclass racing for single player so that we can take some GT cars and throw them together with prototypes, jazz the fieldsize up to +40 and fill this boring 13km track up. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Because Porsche Curves :hearteyes: