Bug Ignition and starter no longer work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by bo1210, Jan 16, 2018.

1. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Before the last update, they worked fine, but ignition and starter - whether mapped to keys on a keyboard or buttons on my T300 - won't activate. Every other button and key assignment works. Doesn't matter if it's screen or VR. Doesn't matter which car on which track. I've spent $150 on cars and tracks and they're all worthless because of ONE bug. Sad.

2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I drove the BMW M235i and Porsche Cayman last night, and both starter and ignition worked?
    Furthermore, why are the cars useless? If all else fails, there is still the auto ignition option iirc?

3. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I investigated a little further, and it seems it happens when going straight into a championship after launching the game. If I start the game and go into a single race, it works, then continues to work if I go BACK to the championship. It's still a bug, though. Don Rudi, I could not find an auto ignition in RaceRoom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    If you disable the assignments for ignition and starter, does that work?

5. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No. As I mentioned, this is with a T300. You list a Fanatec CSL (nice!). Starting a single race and backing out and going back to championship resolves the problem, but it's still a bug.

6. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Tje wheel doesn't matter (I just switched from a broken T300 to the CSL last month). I just tried it - when both ignition and starter are not assigned and I enter whatever session then the engine automatically starts.

Which still leaves the bug that you can't assign a button to those functions.

7. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Unassigning starter and ignition didn't matter. The session would start with the engine off, whether keys/buttons were assigned or unassigned. Again, going to Single Event, exiting it, then starting my Championship is a manageable workaround. Thank you so much for your help, Don Rudi! It is much appreciated!

8. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask if you have verified the game cache?
    In steam right click on the game, Properties/Local Files/Verify Games Cache.
    Let us now how it goes.

9. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have, and thank you, Paul Darke. After a couple of issues early on with Assetto Corsa, I'm a firm supporter of the Verify Integrity of Game Files button. To update on my current issue, I can click on either Single Event OR Multiplayer, cancel out of them, then go back to Championship and the ignition and starter work fine. Again, glad there's a workaround, as annoying as it may be. Thank you Don and Paul for your help! Much appreciated!

10. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I don't seem to remember getting this kind of attention and support in any other sim racing forum. I absolutely LOVE RaceRoom, and an experience like this makes the game even better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @bo1210 just tested this with g27, started game entered championship made new champ and ignition/starter works as intended, is this an old championship ? maybe try make new one and see if it still happens

12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I tested with a saved championship (1 day old) and it worked like intented (starting game & doing directly championship).

13. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You can also try deleting Documents/MyGames/Simbin Folder.
    It seems like the problem might be related to some settings, deleting that folder will reset the game to be like when you first started it.

14. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Andy Blade, it was a championship I had constructed the first week of December.

15. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Karting06, thank you, but now that makes me think the problem is specific to me, which is NEVER a good thing! To Andy Blade and Karting06...I will delete the championship and reconstruct this evening (Eastern time zone of America, which I believe is -7:00 GMT)

16. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Alex Wurst, I do love the SIMPLE fixes the best! Haha! But I will do first what Andy Blade and Karting06 suggest in reconstructing the championship. Since I originally made it BEFORE the last update, it may just be an update issue. If that doesn't work, I'll wipe out the Documents/MyGames/SimBin folder. Thanks to EVERYBODY for your help!

17. bo1210

bo1210 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    An extended break this afternoon has allowed me to reconstruct the championship I was having trouble with and the ignition and starter both worked when going straight into it right after game launch from Steam. I'm guessing it was an issue with the latest update to the sim combined with my hardware/software configuration. For clarification, I run Windows 10 64-bit and also the sim itself in 64 bit. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. RaceRoom is the BEST!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1