Problem Option to disable players list while racing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ChatCureuil, Jul 28, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    vlcsnap-2017-07-28-13h59m52s013.png

This list is sometimes forcing me to enter a left turn without to see it!
    On a race with 10+ players it's a huge issue for the whole race. I'm playing with FOV 0.6 on a 23" screen.

So please, add an option to disable this. And the fact is I never need this list, position bar is enough. There's an option to disable every information, but I need the other ones.
    Please consider this seriously, it's really a big disadvantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I've never seen this before. There must be a way to turn it off.

3. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I only found an option that disable every overlay (last one in HUD settings), but I need the other ones.

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    it's been a bit 'all or nothing' for a long time. I've always hated the overlays, which was the original reason for making Crew Chief

• Like Like x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK the Dev's are working on a new HUD but, they do quite a while now. So I'm not sure how long it will take from now till we get the results of it...

6. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I have the position bar at the top, and the motec in the bottom right, just no positions on the left. Let me go check my options.

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Same with the penaltiy/Cut warnings, as I use the virtual mirror - specially when you're off track after incident and trying to get yourself together again/ back on track at high traffic...being blind then is not the best option :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    What other overlays are there, though? The overlays option doesn't turn off the position bar, HUD data display or track map, it just hides the timings you want to hide IMO.

9. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ^^ and the lap time/sector time overlay in the bottom - mostly useful in quali
    in race its not useful - but to remember to turn it off before each race....uhh

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I need the other overlays (see nirt77 post), maybe this data is available on the Motec but it's small on my screen. So I want overlays except for the drivers list on left which hide an important part of my view.

Just for info, do you still view the penalties when disabling all overlays?

@mr_belowski In the FR3 League race on Brands Hatch I was often taking the turn 3 blindly cause of this list, thanks to muscle memory! :D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    To be honest I don't even remember a lap time / sector time overlay...I still get laptime with overlays disabled, it's in the top left on the position bar. And Crew Chief tells me how I'm doing sector time wise.

Can't comment on penalties. I only (finally) disabled the overlays recently and I rarely ever get penalties.

12. ianrob222

ianrob222 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to keep the 'off-track warnings' switched on? I find them really useful testing to find the limits of the track.

13. ianrob222

ianrob222 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    it's the 'left the track warning' that's gone. I've looked, but I can't find it in settings.