Fanatec CSW v2.5 strange center feeling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrs1986, Jan 12, 2018.

1. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

I'm a long time Raceroom user, I used it back when having a G27, I upgraded to a V2.5 8 or 9 months ago and didn't jump into raceroom since...

Now I'm racing in this game again and with VR it is really impressive! But my wheel has a really strange feeling in the center, is like it is locked? You can feel like a snap when you are passing for the center, I don't know how to explain and my english is not really good. It feels like those cheap wheels that use a spring to get to the center that snap into place...

This does not happen on other sims, so I guess is some configuration in RR.

Thanks a lot!!

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Reverse ffb effects in the menu on or off, try the opposite setting, cant remember the exact one, thats what it sounds like to me.

3. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

I did tried that and that wasnt the problem, i played a little with the settings and found that the minimun forces or the filter were causing the problems. It is quite good now

4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    There's also the "spring" and "damper" settings in FFB setup that you could set to zero (especially the spring if I remember good)

5. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I will give it a try, thanks!

6. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have got the exact same problem. It feels like there is no ffb near the centre and when you go through that point you can feel a knock when it enters the area where the ffb is present. I have tried applying some minimum force in setting but it causes nasty oscillation in the centre. Have you guys somehow found any sollution to that? Apart from that the ffb i r3e is just perfect.

7. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You should try to put the minimum forces to 0 I did that and set the filter to 0 too and it is good now, there is feedback in the center, just the snap is gone

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Cheers for the tip. I think i have tried that before but still felt a slight knock when going past the centre, it is quite inconsistent, seems to happen more when the steering input is fast and aggressive (countering oversteer at high speed).
    I will try and give it more testing.

9. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I did reset the settings because I somehow touched something that make the wheel feel really light, and it vibrates like mad, like if I was riding on the grass all the time, so I deleted everything and started over. The snap at the center did came back, and that is awful, so I put the minimum forces to 0 and that almost fixed it completely, there is some of it still, but not much, but my wheel feels right again.

Hope you had the chance to give that a try.

10. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Done some tests last night. Started from fresh profile. Min force to 0 and same result with the knock.
    Then i've turned down everything on the wheel down to zero (the menu on the wheel itself) apart from FFB and FOR, the wheel got a bit too light for me but solved that with reducing understeer effect in game to 10.
    Knocking is away :D
    Not sure which value made it happen but seems to be alot better. Will test some more next weekend.

11. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thats great! If you could share your on wheel and on game setups would be nice to compare.

Thank you!