Problem Advertising Steam untimely

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by LuckyBB237, Jan 23, 2018.

1. LuckyBB237

LuckyBB237 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, when I launch the game, Steam appears with an ad. When I'm on the game menu, the Steam Overlay open a new ad. I can click several times and close each time, Steam gives a ad again and again. And when it stop, when I can click on Single player or multiplayer or anything, it do it again for the new menu. Whatever I do, I'll have ads until I'm on a track. It can take around 30 minutes. Even if I disable the Steam Overlay, it acts the same way except that I will not have the steam page. So how to remove these ads. I don't want to uninstall the game, I bought circuits and cars it would be a shame to waste that money.
    Sorry for my english I come from France.

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this will fix it, have a feeling it will. Go to steam settings, on the interface page, the very bottom check box, notify me about additions or changes blah blah blah, uncheck that.
    I missed that bit, so maybe it wont work, altho the steam ads im sure are independant of the overlay, is RR fullscreen or windowed?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, those ads are not coming from Raceroom, that's for sure.
    You might have caught some kind of malware that keeps spamming your PC. I'd strongly advise to do a full system scan with some anti-virus and anti-malware programs and see if they can find sth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Never usually get any pop ups while gaming from steam , it wouldn’t be a very friendly service if so.
    I suggest you try what @Christian Göpfert advised as you most definitely have some sort of malware.

Cheers