the annoying confirmation button in the pit lane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreamsKnight, Jan 12, 2018.

?

the confirmation button in the pit lane is

1. useful

15.0%
  2. useless

85.0%
  1. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    edit: i try to explain my point better:

the pit system in R3E is pretty good and works like a charme. it give you several option and it is flexible. i love this.

if you enter directly in the box, the system call the strategy and you have to confirm. this is good, but not what i use and not my point.

while you are in the track, you can also call a pit directly, already confirmed, or you can call a strategy, check everything and then press confirm. (flexibility, I love it)
    so you are ready to do the pit, it is confirmed, you just want to get into the pit lane and stop in your box.
    the system instead delete the previous confirmation and requires you to scroll down to the confirm button and press it again. this is annoying: I have already confirmed 2 minutes before, do not oblige me to do it again!

so the point is simple: the pit is confirmed? let it confirmed when you enter in the pit lane. no more, no less.

obviously the possibility to remove the confirmation and make changes of the last second must remain there.

:D

so... if i have strategy, i call it in the track, it is ok, i confirm it... i enter in the pit lane... and i have to confirm it again, the second time. while I'm looking for my box.

for me it is extremely annoying and useless. am I the only one who thinks this thing?

:D

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't like it too, but maybe there's cases where it's useful. Example if you got a DT penalty after requesting a pit stop, you can choose to do the DT or the pit stop.

3. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    what would be necessary is a button to cancel the confirmation, esc key in box menu for example...

4. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Just learned that you can use Crew Chief for that. It's actually awesome that you only need to call in and everything else is then sorted by the Chief.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I find it awkward to drive the car and negotiate the pit menu at the same time but I'm not sure how else it can be done. If there is a way to streamline the pit menu, particularly for pad users, I think it would be a good thing.

Yeah, I know I can use Crew Chief but I don't use spotters (don't like having a voice in my ear all the time!)

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

You can simply turn the spotter off in crew chief. There are two voices by default. The actual crew chief who gives you info on car/pit and a spotter. You can even turn down/off the chief if you want.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. DreamsKnight

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    the problem here isn't the button itself which must stay where is. but to confirm the pit again

there are two way to call a pit, and once i confirmed it in the track, i don't want to search the button and press confirm again once i enter the pit lane. probably i have not expressed the thing in the best way, i'm not english native. sorry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe implement the use of the mouse cursor ingame?

9. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I think it's OK. Then at least shit doesn't happen that you didn't want. And you know that you're set once you hit the confirm button. Once you get used to it I find it really easy to control the pitstop menu while in pit lane. By the time you get to your spot you're already set. But with that being said I did find it a little bit confusing in the beginning, before I had time to understand how it works.

10. DreamsKnight

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    i explained better (i hope) the point editing the first post. :)

@J-F Chardon, I call your attention to the survey. thank you. :)

11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Oh don't worry, I know :)
    I voted useless.

Let's see if we can actually manage to remove it

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I vote "useful" because it encourages people to use my app and moves me one step closer to WORLD DOMINATION

• Funny x 12
    • Winner x 2
    • Love it! x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I fear the worst and will use CC only with special equipment from now on.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Another idea: holding the pit limiter button for a longer time also confirms the pit stop. (could be checkbox enabled in controls whether you want that behavior)

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Or would be cool if we could confirm the settings before we enter the pitlane.
    Until then I use crew chief ^^

16. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I use crew chief but didn't know it could do this. Could some helpful soul please enlighten me :)

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    No enlightenment needed. As long as your pit menu is NOT open when you cross the limiter line, CC will press the 'pit menu select' key and confirm the stop for you.

See the macros section of the help file. You need to bind the right keys in-game for pit menu actions. And check it works before using it for an important league race :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jim:)

Just tried this and the pit menu appeared as I entered the pit lane. At this point it seems I still need to press my assigned button (Enter) to confirm the stop because as I pulled into my pit box I had the waiting message appear. When I pressed enter the preparing message appeared for a few seconds before the actions began.

Just to confirm then, I need to preset my pitstop in game and hit "Enter" to confirm actions as soon as the pit menu appears when I'm entering the pit lane.

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  20. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Ah I see, I don't use the voice commands so I'll just continue with the in game method for now.