Problem RRR at 64bit... Not run for me!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Doctor Kruntz, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi pilots... a simple question about a problem.
    I have a pc with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system, but when I try to use a 64 bit Steam game version RRR not run!
    If I use a 32 bit game version instead the game works great.
    What this defect may depend on?
    There is a way to solve this and finally enable a 64 bit gaming?

2. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Any other games with 64bit which are working? Sounds strange to me, I am on 64bit Windows since Release of XP 64 bit Edition which was around 2005. Never ever had a problem like this. Did you already try a reinstallation or do you habe 3rd party programs or plugins incompatible with 64bit version?

3. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...all the other 64 bit games run on my pc!
    Only for RRRE there is this problem.

4. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    How big is the dump file? Which Service Pack level are you running at? Got the debugger installed at work to analyze blue screen reasons and can analyze the dump on monday if you wish - but I can not guarantee to get a clear result. Could be necessary to send in the dump to S3S

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Is it an actual crash or connection issue?
    Did you add a rule for the x64 exe in your firewall, i spent two days not too long ago wondering why i could connect 32 bit but not 64, lol, turned firewall off it would connect, turned it on it wouldnt but the exe is showing up as enabled in the rules :) yep the wrong exe32bit not 64 ;)
    A long shot but who knows!

6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Are you trying to use ReShade by any chance? If so, then it doesn't seem to work with 64bit R3E on Win 7, the game doesn't even start.

7. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Firewall rules were installed automatically - at least here when using Windows Firewall. ReShade must be installed manually into the x64 directory, so we still need additional informations about 3rd party programs or plugins because RRRE uses shared memory for information exchange which can result in crashes if there are incompatibility issues.

8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Which simply makes a mockery of the firewall setup, surely? Whats the point of the firewall if software is allowed to automatically create rules to connect to a network? Im using win7 firewall and nothing can connect without me making a rule, which is the exact point of the firewall, how reliable that is or how easilly it could be bypassed idk but i had the problem above using it and not having a rule for RR.

9. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The Windows Firewall is just there to protect These People who do not know anything about Firewall. Today with IPv6 most professionals do not know anything about IPv6 and necessarity of Firewalls - I would like to thank Microsoft to at least built-in a Basic protection layer when direct Connections are allowed with IPv6. IPv4 is not so critcal as most People use a NAT router in their Internet Access and it is by Default configuration not possible to open a Connection from external Internet to a natted PC.

In an Enterprise Setup this is something different.

10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Are the ones that need the protection, it is more important to close rather than open automatically surely, outbound rules are enabled by default in windows firewall, ridiculous. Either way i cant get into a discussion on the same level as you it is obvious you have a much deeper knowledge,voicing my opinion.

11. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Whitelisting (Close everything first and open afterwards) or Blacklisting (leave open and Close what you do not want) depends on the Level of security you want and hours of work you are able to invest. Usually whitelisting is used from outside to inside and blacklisting from inside to outside, that's mostly sufficient if you Combine it with regular security updates and an antimalware solution; for companies add a good firewall and do never give users administrative permissions.

I doubt, that more than 0,1% percent of People worldwide would be able to basically configure a Firewall right. And then there's the granularity of rules - if you want safety you Need to specify source and target ip and also ports for every traffic. Try this for Internet traffic, where IPs Change regularly and you are going crazy. It's just interesting that no one builds a Firewall into mobile devices like Smartphones or tablets. For better security use an Agent-based solution which is remotely managed and where lists of malicious Websites, ip addresses and so on are kept up-to-date from a professional Company. If you want something like this for private use, check out Sophos Home Version - you can also Setup a Business Firewall for Home Use with Sophos if you like. But that's not as easy as installing Windows...

Just did not hear anything from the TO, he also did not respond to all questions - ReShade usage, 3rd Party plugins or programs running in parallel... perhaps Problem already solved?

12. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, are you using GPU overclocking software ? I use MSI Afterburner and it installs with RivaTunerStatistics. RivaTunerStatistics 3D application detection (for fps counter) make several applications crash including RaceRoom in x64. Just try to add RRRR64.exe as a profie in RivaTunerStatistics and select none for 3D application detection for this program. It worked for me.

13. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Certainly not on every setup.

14. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Sure, it's not because it was the case on my system that it is for all. But on my Windows 10 FCU fresh install with all available patch to date (06/02/18) and Nvidia GPU with driver 390.77 and MSI Afterburner 4.4.2 that was the case. Hope the hint will help few people to run RRRE64.exe smoothly.
    upload_2018-2-6_23-58-44.png