Racing gloves

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Don Rudi, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

maybe not really "hardware", but I'd like to hear some opinions on racing loves.
    On youtube I see many people wearing gloves when driving their sim, and with the rather rough seams in my GT28 wheel that makes sense to me.
    Is there any specific glove your can recommend to me? I had a cheap pair from Amazon, but those gloves were way too thick for use an a Thrustmaster wheel.

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
  3. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I have used these for a while (the Originals) when I still had the T500RS with the rubber rim.
    http://www.mechanix.com/automotive
    They worked pretty well.

But for my actual Fanatec CSW Porsche (leather rim) I don't use gloves, for my Formula Wheel (that has Alcantara grips) I'm using my old Sparco and Momo karting gloves. Not easy when you have to operate a keyboard though. Fingerless gloves (bicycle gloves e.g) are OK too.

• Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  5. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It adds to immersion... :D
    But seriously, the Sparco's I have are rather thin and are not warmer than other gloves. The Momo's are full Nomex, longer and they are indeed too hot.

7. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the input guys :) I was looking at the OMP KS-2 and AlpineStars Tech 1-K NRG yesterday, any opinion on those?

8. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Resurrecting an old thread here, I know...but I received a pair of these in the mail yesterday :

https://www.sparco.it/shop/en/gamin...p-002094?shipto=1&shiptonation=21&language=en

I do think they're a bit on the expensive side, but they're really well made, well ventilated (so no hot 'n' sweaty hands) and they fit...well...like a glove :D The fact you can flip over the tips on the index fingers and thumbs adds a nice touch for when you need to handle touch screens and such.
    They came in a fancy Sparco bag to store them in, along with some Sparco stickers (nice for on my cockpit) and a voucher for 15% off on a future purchase (which sweetens the deal a bit price-wise).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Wow those are super nice!! Let us know how they feel when racing.

10. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
  11. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    A dedicated gamers glove that's a good idea. My gloves are not ventilated and the hands get really hot in them, so no real benefit.

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Go to a DIY/hardware market and check their work gloves. Saves you a lot of money. I use work gloves of obviously very thin leather and with netting inlays over the back of the hands. They are very comfortable.

Saves the leather on expensive wheel rims, especiqalyl Alcantara can look like dirt after some time in sweaty hands.

For the same reason, sweat, I would always choose leather gloves over synthetic fibre gloves.

Another alternative are simple white cotton gloves (as being used in the household).

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Kart or Mountain bike gloves are good enough, I use a short set of mountain bike gloves, there vented and gel padded, loads on Amazon, and not expensive neither.

14. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I use these and they work perfect with a little DIY. The palm grips are a bit stiff for what we do so I took the stitching off the palm grips and they come right off. Takes about 15 minutes to do a pair but so worth it. Just take a razor blade and carefully cut a couple of threads and the rest pulls right out easily. Take care not to pull threads to hard and you will never notice the pads were ever there.

Been using them for about a year now and they are still holding up. Fingerless is great for comfort,heat, and button boxes. (Especially using VR). P.s. might want to buy a few pairs for the future!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    My One

Attached Files:

16. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I've raced a couple of hours with 'em so far and they're quite comfortable really. They're pretty thin and the fit is skin-tight, so they provide a good feel for the wheel, shifter peddles and buttons. And the microfibre on the palms and the inside of the fingers is very gentle on the alcantara on some of my rims. My hands get warmer than they would driving barehandedly of course, but they don't get sweaty at all. I'm pretty happy with these gloves :)

17. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I use my golf gloves as they fit closely to the hand so feel for the buttons and switches is no issue and the are relatively inexpensive, what ever is cheapest so sometimes they don't match and the right one always seems to wear out.

18. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I use a pair of these that I still have from my kart racing days. Sparco karting gloves, they were 20 euros or so at the time.

When I can't find them I use my BMX gloves.

19. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
  20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    2018-02-20-12-57-19-.jpg

I use these ; corvette racing gloves by Stand 21, outside seam. Very comfortable.

• Like Like x 1