Problem Strange steering issue in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I was hit by a strange anomaly on my DFGT during a league race yesterday. Near the end of FP I was in the middle of T2 at the Slovakia Ring (with the '16 DTM Merc), when suddenly the steering straightened like R3E wanted to simulate a suspension failure or something like that. And after the incident I noticed that the steering became slightly heavier and less responsive (like decreased steering lock and/or increased wheel range). Is this a known issue and if it is, can I somehow prevent it? I got used to the changed characterstics after a couple of laps, but It could have been uglier if the incident itself would have happened during a race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oha...here we are. Same happened to me ONLY in MP.

GT3 Bathurst. Everything was ok while practice and quali. Ended up first by the way...so I thought I could win the race.

But with the beginning of the race it seemed to be my steering lock changed. I could not enter the first corner after first long straight in third gear with my vette C7 ... I always was forced to go down to second to get through. All other corners where fine regarding my gears but I needed to pull the wheel much more than I was used to concerning the sessions before...I did end up second cause I lost horrible much time on each lap.

Same happened on Nordschleife VLN where I had zero chance to take a coner on the “Ring part“ ...

3. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Same here, 3 Races on simracingsystem, in all of them the steering lock change to 900, almost imposible in some turns with audis TT and WTCC

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Okay, it happened again during an RD event, completely ruining my preparation and confidence. This is brilliant...

Edit: After calming down a bit and giving this more thought, I'll try to be more constructive... A few weeks ago, I checked something in the Logitech Profiler and noticed the R3E profile was still pointing to the 32-bit .exe, so I changed it to the correct one. That's the only difference I can think about, I've been playing with the 64-bit version without a specific game profile up until then.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    So I assume this is a wheel problem, because nobody gives two sh**s about this. But in case someone is interested, here is the issue happening again (no USB disconnect sound, or anything, the steering suddenly changes drastically):

I reinstalled the Logitech driver twice already, but the issue still occurs in MP only, so I don't really know what to think about this...

And just a little clarification: at the beginning of the video, the virtual wheel gets out of sync with my actual movements, I turned my wheel ~180 degrees at certain points and you can see how little steering input it caused...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  6. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Same problem. In the MP race, the center of the steering wheel shifted and changed steering lock. Fixed - turning of the steering wheel from the stop to the stop. Reset FFB not helped. And this happens occasionally.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  7. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Do you guys have Logitech wheels too or different brand?
    And are you using the 64 or the 32-bit version of RaceRoom?
    (Just trying to narrow down the possibilities)

8. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I use Logitech. Raceroom 64bit, but it was with 32bit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I have a strong suspicion now that the source of my issues is actually AC. I tested new mods in it yesterday and strangely, the steering got messed up everytime I switched cars. I had to return to the menu and load the new car a second time to fix the issue. And as far as I can remember, I switched from AC to R3E in every occasion when the previously described strange issue occurred in RaceRoom. The steering also gets messed up in Codies F1 2017 if I play with AC beforehand.:anguished:

10. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I also used the Logitech Driving Force GT and have no problems.
    Do not own AC only drive RaceRoom and iRacing. For information

• Like Like x 1