Thrustmaster T-GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Mar 2, 2018.

1. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone I wanted to know if this wheel is compatible with raceroom, project cars 2 e other games thank you for your help

2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I would not recommend this wheel. Much too expensive and some effects are only available in Gran Turismo.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. AMG Vilas ®™

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Très dieu pour moi, raceroom, assseto corsa, PC2, F1, Automobilista et PS4 fort jésus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Haven't tried the T-GT, but for me I would never consider this wheel base.
    Think it looks really small, plastic and toy looking. And this to a extremelly high price!
    Also seems that the special feuture of the wheel and the rotery buttons only work with GT Sports..
    If I would go a step up from my T300 and choose Thrustmaster I would go for the TS PC Racer.

5. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I think there are better alternatives available at this price, too... haven’t read ‚a lot‘ of good reviews, to put it in kind words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    As for the original question of, "Will the T-GT work in RaceRoom?"

The answer should be yes! There is even a default profile for it, so it should be recognized and work just like any of the other thrustmaster wheels.

As far as I know, @J-F Chardon was even using this wheel for a while somewhat recently. Might be interesting to hear some of his thoughts if he happens to see this thread.

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is a bit outside the scope of this thread... but I just noticed this, and recently I upgraded from a G27, and ended up with both the T300 and TS-PC :p I initially bought the TS-PC, and then saw a post on facebook marketplace where someone was selling a used T300 with the ferrari rim, so I picked that bundle up just to have the ferrari rim.

I gave both bases a quick test back to back, and I can say I would definitely not recommend getting the TS-PC if you already have a T300. The strength increase isnt very big, the detail increase is tough for me to put a value to since I didnt use the T300 long enough, but the smoothness of the T300 really shines compared to the TS-PC. The TS-PC is very notchy for me, and I have now had 2 bad units.

For the increase in price from T300 to TS-PC, it's an awful value, and I would strongly recommend anyone to consider Fanatec's CSL or CSW series if those are available for similar prices.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks nate, good to know the day my T300 throws in the towel! :)
    Was that the 599XX Evo rim?
    Love that wheel!! :kissingheart::hearteyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you are correct there ;)

I must say that the wheel is brilliant. That alcantara wrap on the wheel just feels so nice, and the size increase from the G27 rim (28cm to 30cm I think) is quite nice too.

I was quite happy to nab that deal for the steering wheel because the TS-PC only comes with that GT style steering wheel, and that isnt exactly the thing you want to be using on cars with 900 degrees of rotation lol

For immersion though, that GT style wheel is very nice to use in the open wheel and GT cars. I just wish the wrap on the handle where you hands go would have been alcantara like on the 599xx wheel. Instead, thrustmaster went with a suede material, and it just isnt anywhere near the same quality. The GT steering wheel feels very nice nonetheless though. FFB feels a bit more precise than in the 599xx wheel, perhaps because the GT wheel is slightly smaller? So the forces are confined in a smaller area. Im not sure. But both wheels are nice. That ferrari wheel though... That's a delight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AMG Vilas ®™

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0