Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes it takes an hour for the server to refresh. If it doesn't come up soon, check to see if you name in game and SRS is exactly the same.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Its weird because I set it up as per the instructions by copying my user name from the RaceRoom page so I have my real name plus my ingame name, they are different. Do I need to chamge my ingame name even though I copied it from ingame to SRS?
    I'm easily confused :)

3. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    No. One thing is your Raceroom user and another is the first and last name you use. You need to have the same first and last name in SRS and in Raceroom (without accents or symbols)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Nice idea but I don't really enjoy short race format so hope longer races are also supported for some cars in future. The penalty system is a bit off......I got penalised for hitting a stationary car on the starting grid :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for being dumb!
    So I need to change my ingame name from 2ndLastJedi to my same name in SRS (real name)?
    When I start using SRS it opens Steam and starts the game fine, so why does it not link for my rating as is?

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I pass the url where they explain what you should do. If you do not have the same name in Raceroom and registered SRS, it will not save your scores.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2435

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Seems like i've stuffed it ,lol
    I used my real name when registering but the ingame name is different to my name and that can't be changed .
    The name at game.raceroom/user is greyed out and says cant be changed and at SRS it says to use real name but copy from this spot ??????????????
    All i wanna do is race clean and build a rating .

8. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    And if you register again with the name and surnames you have in Raceroom?
    Anyway, surely you can not change the name and surnames in the game?

9. Andreas Hader

Andreas Hader New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have just purchased the Raceroom vip package because SRS last week was so much fun. But yesterday the participation was low, so iam a bit worried, is SRS on Raceroom dieing allready or is everyone practice the new tracks to be as fast as possible ;) ?

10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    After a few emails i think i may be sorted .
    Just have to race and see if i get a rating next .

SRS just seem to cycle the same tracks and cars over and over again :( I hope for more variation .

11. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    This is for one week, next week there will be other Tracks

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    O cool , thats good to know it rotates each week . Thanks .

13. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    SRS works seasonally. This season (of test) is with the 5 categories during 6 weeks with 1 different circuit every week. When the season ends on April 8, other categories will begin, championships for another 6 weeks.
    In my opinion, the participation is good since the races with normal schedules have 3 and 4 splits.

Attached Files:

14. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody.
    Since I bought a triple monitor setup recently (what makes it neccessary to include a startup argument in steam), I was not able to connect to any servers after registering for a race.
    klickin on "join" gets me in the game, but than nothing happens. anyone else has the same problems?

15. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I still have big problems with srs for rre...

The app will not start correctly on my system (Win10Pro 64bit). Just after doubleclicking the srs.exe I have two srs-entries in the task manager, reduced to one after about 10s, but no window appears to login and there is no icon in the taskbar. I've doublechecked all install instructions, completely disabled the virusscan (Bitdefender 2018) and the firewall, srs username und rre username checked, file consistency check in steam, start parameter in steam deleted... and a lot more. I've installed all other srs-apps, all of them are running perfect, ac, ams, rF2...o_O:(

Does anybody have another idea to check? Maybe a special pack is needed (.NET, C++ or similar)?

16. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I would uninstall and re-install steam and raceroom and SRS. I formatted 3 weeks ago (windows 10 pro 64 bit). I installed SRS and I have not had any problems. It's crap, but you can try...

17. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    In case it can help you..

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2531

18. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I just had an email from SRS saying I must use my real name or they will not activate me (it was a perfectly polite email in case it sounds otherwise :)).

When I wasn't activated (after waiting a week) I sent them an email and they got my real name. I had copied exactly my in-game name (I.e. my R3E username) which then matched my SRS name.

I understand why they want real names but for me it's a deal breaker as I value my privacy even more than I love sim-racing in RaceRoom.

Having my in-game name should be enough to penalise or ban me if necessary (as unlikely as that may be... :)).

Feeling a bit disappointed, like the kid not allowed to play with the others. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

20. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    From now on you will be called .... jeremy... sebastien. There you go. Now go have fun =D.
    But seriously is it that hard to create a fake account ? cmon now ...