The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I would have preferred historical LeMans

2. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I must admit I didnt think the whole Rally X would interest me at first but I dont think ive raced anything but the past 2 months...its absolutely awesome and the new Fun pack dlc is probably one of the best dlcs ive bought in a while.

Hopefully they will sort the games issues and add proper mp support to Rally X so we can have practice and heats. I was hoping an update would have come with dlc....the one and done current race format doesnt really showboat how good the rally x is in this game.

I have to agree with the post a few up in regards to the Jake spade files.....ditch them they kill so much of the subtle effects. Ive settled with basically the stock immersive settings with my Thrustmaster TX. FFB is very detailed under braking, understeer, oversteer aswell as the suspension feel articulating over the undulations of the road surface. I also enjoy the cold to optimal tire temp transition...wheel gets tigther as the tires heat up and the car becomes more responsive and grippier.

Overall ive really enjoyed the driving experience but the amount of bugs and issues at release was and is still ridiculous.
    If they can get this game polished in a reasonable time frame it should become a popular title.......tho for what i paid for it on sale the Rally X, live track and weather were worth the cost of admission :)

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yes, exactly that.
    I gave up several weeks ago.
    It could be great, but now it just has too much issues to be enjoyable (said by someone who had over 2000 hrs in pCars1).

Seems to be a consensus. I can't comment (have never used them) because in all sims I try to find the best FFB settings for myself. Imo there is nothing wrong with pCars2 FFB. At least they got that right... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It will come with another dlc

5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I know. But thanks anyway.

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I know that you know. I was just bored

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Now its clear. Sorry, that you are bored. Not buyed the new Porsches?

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    was at work. last day this year. not much to do...

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys I was wondering does anyone have any settings for the TC-PC Racer wheel by Thrustmaster for Project Cars 2? I am having a hard time tuning it in, due to being a newbie when it comes to sim racing. Thanks.

10. knut m helgeland

knut m helgeland Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I have played quite a bit of RX in Project Cars 2 lately. Mostly due to buying a Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake to my simracing "rig". That said, the purchase of the handbrake is what i would call, to quote a buddy of mine, a "S**t and giggles" purchase. To clarify, i mostly enjoy driving older classic race cars/road cars on tracks (and the road segments in project cars). RX is purely for fun, and not intended to be "serious" racing. So its a bit expensive for the intended use :)

[​IMG]

So, still a bit of practice required before looking like a pro, but its actually hard work turning, changing gears, braking, using the handbrake and all in VR with the oculus rift. You do get a bit disorientated in the start [​IMG] The hand and feet co-ordination is starting to get easier, but still getting all the timing right does not come naturally yet:

• Like Like x 2
  11. knut m helgeland

knut m helgeland Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I have not done that much to my settings i, but i think it feels ok (probably much room for improvement still). In the windows controller setup, i have set it to 900 degrees rotation. Watch the video i've linked to under for the rest of the settings in windows, and for the settings i use in the game.

12. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Project Cars 2 * Porsche 911R [mod download]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Quite funny, SMS released their Porsche DLC, but no one cares.

14. David Slute

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    If I may ask, where did you come up with that conclusion? Or is that a personal opinion?
    I've read several threads on a couple of forms with very positive feedback in regards to the handling/ffb and detail in model....minus the rsr sound and turbo bug some experiencing which SMS have acknowledged and said will be updated.
    They also said 2 new layouts will come for the porsche test track in patch 5.
    Personally im not a big porsche fan but I won't complain when it adds more content to the game.
    For the $32 cdn I paided for the season pass, im more than happy and feel it was a fair deal....6 tracks, 38 cars, new paints and tons of events added to the career mode works out to less than .75cents.
    Bugs aside Im just glade SMS are handling the feedback better and addressing issues openly....especially after how they handled feedback in pc1

15. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Hey, no offence here.
    I'm just talking of this forum, not a single post about it.

16. David Slute

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    None taken :)
    I play them all as I like to see what developers are doing differently in there titles.
    I think sms shot themselves in the foot with the way they handled pc1 and the amount of bugs at launch of pc2, but have actually done a better job communicating and addressing issues with the community of late which I really appreciate.
    There's still bugs but the past 2 patches have taken out a huge chunck of them.
    I've seen several comments of late from returning customers who had shelved it, actually surprised with the progress and overall feel of the game.
    The Rally X content, live track(when it works) and VR experience has kept me interested.
    If they can update the rally x structure with practice, heats and pointing tracking for multiplayer to match sp.....ill be content with the title :)

17. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Just for discussion sake, I see very little on R3E other than on these Sector3 forums. I go to these forums for R3E activity, other places for rf2, pCARS 2, AMS, etc. Just saying...

BTW, I'm hearing good things, for the most part, on the latest pCARS 2 pack.

18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much given up on pCars2 atm...but I tried most of the new DLC yesterday (I have the season pass, so...)
    - Some are rather good, a few are not that good.
    - In some cars the sound seems OK, in some it is bad.
    - Clutch obviously does not work in the H-pattern cars (because it does not work at all in the game).
    - The 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 feels a bit "tame", not really exciting to drive,
    - Moby Dick is far from being the "monster" I know from other sims,
    - the 959 S sounds nice, has his back wheels sinking into the track (replay at Cadwell Park, did not try other tracks),
    - 2017 911 RSR is not bad, but the dash could look more crisp,
    - 917/10 feels and looks good,
    - 917K ditto,
    - 908/03 Spyder...hmm... no, not so good.
    Now I'm waiting for the clutch to get fixed. There is little fun in driving these cars this way.

19. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I can agree.
    935s are too handsome, same is the 908/03, almost like a cart, my opinion and no I never drove it irl.
    The track has sadly just one layout, though more are announced. That's a bit weird, imo.

20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I have not tried the track yet, forgot about it.