Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    And how did you manage to make your wife happy?
    Possible future bug report:
    "My seat collapses when driving in R3E" :D

2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Price doesn't actually look too bad (£128)

Seems to support quite a few titles too:

iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS1/2, ETS2, ATS, Automobilista, F1 2016/2017, DiRT 4 and RRRE (all via the Simshaker software)

Do you find it helps to give you a better feel for what the car is doing, or does it just give a bit more immersion/suspension of disbelief?

Thought that might be the case, but thanks for confirming

3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Really? Interesting, I thought I'd read that the pre-G-Sync laptops using Optimus (to switch GPU) weren't able to provided the necessary signal that VR headsets required? My laptop does have Displayport out, as well as HDMI (see signature for model).

I'm not hopeful, though e.g. see these posts from the Oculus forum:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and especially this one:

[​IMG]

I assume the situation is not much different for the HTC Vive.

Currently, think my only option for VR would be to get the Sony VR Headset for my PS4 Pro, but the choice of sim racing titles that support this is limited (also I only currently own Gt Sport and F1 2017 on PS4)

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I actually haven't fiddled that much with the settings yet, so for me it just adds to the immersion. Feels great to feel the rumble when you revving the engine before take of in the pits or on the starting line! And going over bumps or a curb with the right tires gives you a vibration on the right side. :)
    But there are settings in the softwhere for wheel slip, so lowering other effects would probably make the wheel slip more pronounced in a usefull manner.
    [​IMG]

Do to that cybereality represents Oculus, and that Oculus don't officially support laptop cards, he can't confirm this.
    And Oculus is probably scared to get sued if they do say it will work but then don't.
    But there are a lot of threads on different forums about using CV1 with a Displayport to HDMI cable on laptop M cards.
    Here are one: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4juynf/cv1_works_great_with_my_laptop/

I wouldn't dare to order a CV1 without trying it out with the Displayport cable first though.

I guess the same thing will apply to HTC, but I think CV1 would be a better choise with cards in the lower range do to ASW.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Can you "feel" acceleration and "more important" braking then? That's pretty cool, how well does that side of things work?

Okay, I guess it might be worth a try, will have to see if I can borrow one (CV1) off a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I feel acceleration in my back, and braking under my thighs. The harder I brake the harder it rumbles. Pretty neat, the braking is probbably the effect I like the best beside the notion of bumps! :)

Do that, but don't forget a Displayport cable, it won't work with a HDMI cable with M cards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Does the CV1 not have a DisplayPort input?

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The CV1 is connected with a HDMI and USB 3.0 to the pc, so you need a HDMI to Displayport converter.

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Wow if you have to ask that your in for a bumpy ride in your life..:p

@heppsan like the look of this gamepad, personally would you recommend it? also it seems you have to purchase 3rd party software to run it correctly, is that all good?

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks

11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I recommend it!
    I haven't tried butt kickers, so can't compare it to that, but I don't have any effect higher than 50%, and it still rumbles plenty.
    And yes, you need "Simshaker wheels" to run it with your sims. (And set up the effect options you like)
    It's €32 but it's a one time purchase.

There also is a "Sim shaker wings" for flight sims. (Haven't tried this yet)

• Like Like x 2
  12. ryma

ryma New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My hardware equipment for sim racing and flight simulation:

hw_equipment.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Nordschleife

Nordschleife Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ryma Frage:
    welchen Bildschirm verwendest du. (Zoll und Auflösung)
    Habe Interesse.
    Danke.
    gruss heinz

14. mrs1986

mrs1986 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is my cockpit, it is hand made by a good friend of mine. The fanatec gear was imported to my country at a ridicoulus steep price, but I guess it is worth it, I love sim racing, and RR is a good part of it!

cockpit1.jpg cockpit2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    My racing sanctuary

IMG_4147.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  16. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20180212_022841.jpg IMG_20180212_023333.jpg IMG_20180212_023015.jpg IMG_20180212_023041.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Tim balzeski

Tim balzeski Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here is my simulator and sim room (Steve and brother Tim Balzeski ) fanatec hub, carbon wheel, 3.3 pedals, Rseat formula one chassis, sim vibe with four butt kickers, triple 43" tvs and custom made computer. A lot of time went into this room that's why we like race room and all the guys we race against. Keep up the good work RSE!!! IMG_20180216_084347.jpg IMG_20180216_084248.jpg IMG_20180216_084202.jpg IMG_20180216_083932.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    My latest addition to the rig.
    It was to much of a hassle to get it to fit on my seat frame.. So, the Motion platform is hard mounted to the floor. ;)
    [​IMG]

Now I only have one more thing to add before my rig is totally complete! :rolleyes::D

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  19. lucazpf

lucazpf Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!
    Here's my rig with the glorious but also ancient G25

• Like Like x 7
  20. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings: