Released 02-06-2015 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 2, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    So I finally got the time to see what the fuss was all about! :D

I love the new, bigger backfires for DTM and G5 cars!! (the backfires didn't reflect on the road at Mid Ohio though)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the sound.. . THE SOUUOND!! MUAHAHahaaaaa!!! :smiley::tongueout:
    I kid you not, I took the Zakspeed for a ride at Mid Ohio.
    And I got goosebumps from my hands all the way up in my neck on the long straight, and I actually got a tear to my eye!! :flushed::cry::tearsofjoy:
    Now that is a good review to the sound department, thank you Anthony for making the most awesome sound ever heard in a game!! :)

I also love that it's now possible to make false starts!
    But I do miss the option for random time of day when making championships, and also mandatory pit stops.
    But great work with this patch S3!!

I will now go out and test the new AI a bit more, and possibly cry a bit hearing different car sounds!:cool:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I had the chance to quickly access this morning and I only saw the menus: response looks pretty good now! Almost seamless! Can't wait to try the real stuff! Bloody job... :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Just one step from a stroke!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Good job S3S, really a good job. Seems that it will be important implement a filter in the multiplayer window. Now is difficult to find anything among so many possibilities.

5. not THE STIG

not THE STIG Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I really like that the engine is switched off when starting a practice session or returning to the garage. Before the patch, i had the ignition and starter assigned to some random keys. But now there is finally a use for them. That's great!!! It's one of those small and often underestimated details that make a game more realistic.

Gentlemen, start your engines (...literally!!)! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bones427j

bones427j New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would like to apologiz to all member, i did not mine to come off as rude this one was on me i have not had any porblems with this forum i just download it with out checking out the download i had to go came back and had error 500 my fault, Its all good now i jump to soon and got bet and for the forum and the people that run this thare doing dam good job its a relly good program its one they best out there and that says a lot. Thank you all keep up the excellent job that you all do. Bones427j

• Like Like x 4
  7. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying this new update, and Oh My, it is smokin'!
    The sounds are really good! It was already very good, but the way it comes alive is amazing.
    I would like to have more time racing........

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. bones427j

bones427j New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi jilt yes smokin i think so to i have little over 2000 watts sub bass speekers it sound allot better and its going to get better, I well bet that have a clean drive. bones427j c u on the track.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Just had a strange one on start line at Nurburgring, lights went out and refused to find a gear.
    Also had cars appearing on map but invisible or non existent on track.
    Suffered a blinking on/off Audi R8 at Monza, most off putting.
    Can't set up a dedicated server, just stops mid startup.
    The new sounds are absorbing, anything G5 just ends up in the wall as to busy nodding and smiling at the soundtrack!

10. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    so are we good to go now? Its going to be a long afternoon at work waiting to try this tonight!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for fixing the error 503! At least for me :). I don't know if it still is causing trouble for other players, but hopefully it's gone.
    I tried out the new update with a 15 min AI-race at Hockenheim, DTM 2013. And I agree - the sound is great. No stutter, great graphics. The only problem is still the AI. They have no idea where you are at the track. They wave all over the track and hit you hard. Especially side to side. I got T-boned several times in the hairpin. Still something for devs to work on.
    Also on wishlist is AI skills should be more mixed so they don't just follow each other. And occasionly they make mistakes and/or get mechanical problems so they have to pit.
    But I had a nice race and could grab first place, 6 secs before AI. Ok, it was difficulty 90. But I'm an old man (66 yrs), so it's good for being me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    My little saying on the update: :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
    For sure bugs will get ironed out asap for all users!

Thanks for the additional liveries, especially the GT300 "Works" BMW Z4 Steiff one from Super GT..
    Hope this is a subtle hint leading towards more Super GT-content in the feature!

And thanks for everything already summed up by the community! And still more to come :D:eek::D

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Count me as another wondering if issue in fixed. Im checking this forum every break i get at work to see whats going on. Lookong forward to trying this badboy out!

In the meantime, been checking out iracing (yes, i have been under a rock)...good but its a different type of immersion than r3e...feels real but less impressive and heart pounding as a total package when driving.

14. Praetorians.Diogo

Praetorians.Diogo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I must say that I am impressed by the new Transmission Model and the sounds (I have a 7.1 hifi surround system) are simply amazing. Turned up subwoofer and WOW!

S3S guys are doing a great job and to be honest, I was a little unhappy for such long time without update, but I must say that it worth the wait.

For those of you with doubts about this simulator, don’t be anymore, it’s turning into a great racing plataform. Go for it! I have all the packs and no regrets. Great job S3S!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    So what people think of the AI now? In DTM 2014 I don't notice much differance...I am following a driver ahead, I can't drive anyfaster since then I will hit the car ahead, but the car behind just bump into me and push me out. So can't say I have to brake later since that was not possible, and you never see a AI driver hit another AI driver like that...

But the rest of the update is simply amazing!

16. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, still having some problems though!

When I start R3E, it stops with "hit any key" and freezes. I have to log off to be able to use the computer again.
    A workaround is, I start R3E, and instantly start my task manager. This makes the game go through and I can play.
    Bit strange.....

The Multiplayer is having a Code 13, I guess everybody is trying the dedi servers?
    Systems stop when overloaded...

17. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I get the same issue stuck at a screen when a message say "hit any key" even I press a key nothing go further and I must to close my windows session to be able to close Steam client aswell. Just before that I uninstalled the whole game via steam and reinstalled again totally without my steam DLC "experience 2013". I couldn't test multiplayer at this time cause the game doesn't start.

18. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    The menus are so much faster and nicer, sounds are even better, improved AI, clutch finally works perfectly, new transmission physics are great, dedicated servers will draw more people to multiplayer, several small bugs seem to be sorted out, and I'm absolutely loving the new liveries for the Volvo 240, so I will just quote my daughter (11): O-M-G!

This is definately heading the right way.

In my opinion only a couple of things are now missing before this could be called a complete game. :)

19. Gorgoms

Gorgoms Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    New liveries for volvo 240? Where?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    The AI is using them, but they're not in the store...yet.