Released March update - Zhuhai has been released

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    nice update, thank you guys
    have patience ... I am pretty sure that we will see Brno in the R3E store one day ... maybe faster than you expect ...

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to say but this is probably the most boring and visually unattractive track in Raceroom. Its not that I question the quality of Sector3's work, but I question that this track even has been done in the first. The place is like it is, and it is just - well, boring to drive, and visually unattractive.

Not every track needs to be virtually recreated. More quality in track choice, please! To go with Zuhai, is a decision that does not convince me - and geographical location has nothing to do with it. Its because the track is -well, boring, and unattractive.

No congrats from me this time.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    mhhh ... that's the story behind:
    source: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/zhuhai-international-circuit.10357/

PS: In my opinion, the most boring and unattractive track in R3E is the "Chang International Circuit". Zuhai has a nice green environment with mountains and a lot of trees. It's also not my favorite, but is O.K. Here are some nice pics of Zuhai: https://www.flickr.com/photos/raceroom/ ... looks good so far:

[​IMG]
    Lime Rock has a similar background ... :oops::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    my mini map keeps appearing and disappearing in vr, footage soon

5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I'm just gonna say this ... i saw footage of multiclass in single player almost a year ago.
    Take care.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I was pleasantly surprised with Zhuhai, it has a lot more character than I first anticipated. And it is pretty narrow and bumpy which I like alot :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I used to think Chang was boring until I decided to spend some time learning the track. The layout is actually very fun. The entire third sector flows really well.

As for Zhuhai the layout seems to be mostly about long straights followed by tight corners, which I don't think I would like. Not very flow-y. And visually I agree with Skybird that it's not very appealing either (except for the nice mountains in front of the main straight).

I'll wait for it to be available to try in some competition to see if I want to buy it or not. Just like Chang, I might change my mind about Zhuhai after driving it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    God job. Nice.

9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yay, VR Problems with shadows and the transparency are gone, I'm really happy.

Hopefully you can get the menus overhauled for the VR Users... Most is terrible or not readable. *pray*

10. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Morning!

Just after a little more explanantion about this if poss? Is it possible to give an example of what you mean?
    Am i right in thinking that if a car somehow spins before a corner and takes a big chunk out of the corner, the game will recognise this and not give a penalty?

11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Here's the story. First watch this:

The car goes off track on the inside, then rejoins the track while sliding and goes way off to eventually stop.
    But at the point of the rejoining, the game decides he went too quick between point A (left the track) and point B (rejoined) and penalized him.

There was no need to because he ended up off track and slow.

Now after this update,a situation like the one in the video will result in the game waiting for the car to have rejoined the track at racing pace. It will be the location of point B when deciding if it's worth penalizing or not.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Just purchased the new AMG livery, but it's not in my garage...:(

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Give it a little time. Afaik there's some work being done on the backend right now, which might cause a little delay.
    If it still doesn't show up after a while please comment again and it'll be looked into.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. It was obviously the scratch of his head before taking the left that was the culprit here!:rolleyes:

I'll get back to you shortly...

15. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon

Ok, so its good that you've done something to try and guard against these penalties when they happen like in the video.

I just can't understand this bit...
    Maybe a diagram will help me explain :)...(see attachment)
    So it used to be the case that if the time taken between points A or AA & B or BB was quicker than racing line then you got a penalty.

What now then? For an accidental cut does point B now shift to where I put point C? You mention 'rejoining at racing pace' but its unlikely that a car will have racing pace by point C in an incident like in the video? Or will the game somehow detect the car is sliding (how?) and make a further calculation between points B & C?

Sorry to be a pest, no rush with your detailed diagram response! ;)

Attached Files:

16. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    It's ok, now :)
    Thx, Christian ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Here's the fixed diagram. C is repositioned. That is the location where 1/ your car is going the right way and 2/ your car is going at a certain percentage of the race speed. The game now looks at how long it took you to go from A to C compared to what it should have taken you.

I fixed your white balance while at it.

1521192818859450810094.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Hey, that's quite clearly a copyright violation! :p

Aha! Thanks, that explains it perfectly :)

Good job :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I always have great races there in Formula 3 or other cup cars.

20. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Tbh, my first thoughts about Zhuhai were like Zhu-WHAT?!? Then I had a look at the layout and thought:"great (cough), a couple of hairpins with straights."

Of course Zhuhai is not the Nordschleife or Spa, but I have to admit it's surprisingly fun to drive (maybe something's wrong with me;), I do enjoy a couple of laps at Chang from time to time too:p).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1