WTCR...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luis Eduardo, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good morning, I was wondering if with the end of the WTCC sector 3 will have the right to produce the WTCR and if it is already in progress the creation of WTCR 2018. Embrace.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I think if TCR is already being worked on, then it's most likely a semi-fictional TCR category, or maybe TCR Germany, because we don't know anything about WTCR yet (only one team confirmed so far and another one is rumoured to join).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I think the wish for a (W)TCR series in Raceroom within this forum is very present. In almost every ‚wish‘ thread it’s been posted and there are several specific threads like this one. So to the guys at S3 it has to be very well known, that there is a great demand for the (W)TCR... and I personally hope that the license is not too expensive, so that we will get it (as a replacement for the WTCC).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I guess a lot depends on whether the parent company's long-standing relationship with the WTCC carries over to the WTCR.

But in the end I would be more than happy with a national TCR series or simply a generic TCR class (akin to the GTR3 class). Whatever route proves best to get these cars in the game is fine by me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. I'd love to see these cars in the game, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Someones gonna be a happy bunny some time soon.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  8. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have seen the announce of WTCR and overall i am disapointed.
    Its feels allready very strange for me to have DTM2013, DTM,2014, DTM2015,.... same with the WTC 13,14,15,16... and other series.
    The difference in this series is not worth a contentupdate and they are nearly all the same. DTM1992 is content in comparsion to the other DTM ages.
    The point is this gameplay is allready in the game. It provides no new gameexperience.

I bought premiumpackage about 1 year ago and missing some content meanwhile. The price of buy it all is about the same to buy a complete other game. Raceroom is my favourite for sure but it is missing so much. Stock Cars, Ralley, Trucks, classics and oldtimer, Kart Racing, Rally in Stadium Tracks and such stuff. All this things would add a complete new experience to the game and would instant release a "shut up and take my money" effect but another WTCC clone feels like nothing for me.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, but you know that WTCR is starting in it's first series this year and is based on TCR-Class unlike the WTCC that was based on TC1-Rules?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ye i checked what WTCR is, new series and stuff, 6 teams, some nice and some very strange tracks (like portugal, china).
    For me its just a WTCC with new skin, a bit slower, same gameplayfeeling. When i wanna drive a bit slower than WTC there are allready alternatives in raceroom. I am not a race series fanboy, this is just a few how this content improves my gameplayexperience.

Dont wanna offend anyone, i love raceroom, play it right now and just wait for the end of qualifying and check this thread meanwhile.
    Just wanna show my field of view to this hyped topic and i am just antihyped.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    When you bought R3E a year ago, I hope you informed yourself well before the purchase. Raceroom is all about real road racing series and I think that’s why the majority of people drive it. It offers the best complete package for road racing (in my opinion)... and I don’t see R3E ever featuring Karts, RX, Stadium Trucks or even ovals. If you want to have these, you have to look for other alternatives, but don’t keep up your hopes to see them in R3E...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    As for now:
    #BRC Racing Team (Hyundai i30N WTCR) Michelisz/Tarquini
    #Comtoyou Racing (Audi RS3 LMS) Dupont/Panis/Vervish/Berthon
    #Sébastien Loeb Racing (VW Golf GTI TCR) Bennani/Huff
    #DG Sport (Peugeot 308 TCR) Comte/Homola
    #WRT (Audi RDV LMS) Vernay/Shedden
    #YMR (Hyundai i30 WTCR) Muller/Bjork
    #ALL INKL/Münnich (Honda Civic Type R) Guerrieri/Ehrlacher/Thompson
    #Cupra (Seat Leon) Oriola/Fillipi/ Nagy/Szabó
    #Team Mulsanne ( Alfa Giulietta) Giovanardi/Morbidelli
    #Boutsen Ginion Racing (Honda Civic Type R) Coronel/Lessennes
    :):rolleyes::D

• Like Like x 2
  13. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Didnt see that point anywhere before and i think road racing is allready complete implemented. I miss nothing about it. There is Formula 1-4 wich are different gameplays, sporty DTM cars, heavy GTRs, slippery hard to handle cars, roadversion cars (at least they feel like), Prototypes,... i think this games offers allready nearly every possible road racing scenario.

The reason i bought this game was its my good old Gran Tourismo for me. I play Gran Tourismo since Playstaion1, on the PC i swapped to Toca Race Driver 3. They are all 80% realistic sims. The difference to other sims is this 20% nonrealism that offers that 200% extra fun.

I think in this 80% realism corner this game is its perfect to offer all that possible scenarios in racing like it was in TOCA3 before.
    I cant imagine anything from the pure road racing genre what would improve my gameplay in raceroom anymore, what roadracing feeling i am missing there apart from trucks, karts and other fully different things.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 3