Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Jisonga

Jisonga Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Phew i thought it was a problem at my end and your post about SRS being down was the first i have found about anything being not right.

So we will just have sit tight and see what is going on, could just be an update, maintenance or they are resolving an unexpected issue.

Shame as i wanted to get a quick race in before going to work.

Jason.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    R.I.P.

3. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    It's live again BTW

4. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    What must i do to run simvibe software entering at simracingsystem race?

5. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Have Sim Commander open and then You have to select "join" the race in SRS and while SRS is starting R3E click on your Sim Commander icon for RaceRoom and Sim Commander will 'attach to already running game'.

PS you might have to ALT/TAB to get between SRS and SC.

• Like Like x 2
  6. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Yes this works great. I always thought you had to open the game thru sim commander to get it to work. You just have to turn the sim vibe volume down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the informatión!!!

8. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes, looks like it's down!
    That is the Problem if you run Homepage, Forum and App on the same Server.
    If there is some failure everything is down!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    ... the problems of SRS show that all these outsourcing processes are a bad ideas ... hurry up Sector3, we want our own R3E In-Sim features!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  11. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    After a few weeks using the system, here are my impressions of SRS. In general I like the idea, but I think I would need to change things (my opinion):

- The schedule of the races. I almost never agree well with an event that I like. Either they are too early or too late. And when I make the effort to be able to run in one it is possible that there is an error that prevents me from running, as for example that the servers are down, and I have to wait 5 hours to be able to play that race again ... (it happened to me repeatedly)

- That in order to change the circuit in a category that I like I must wait a week. I would prefer races that change every day and that are played every 2 hours for example. I'm not interested in championships, I want to be able to enter RaceRoom, select a race and play.

- The duration of the races. I would like to see 30 or 45 minute races on a regular basis.

- That for many who hardly know RaceRoom have to download an external program to play "clean". I do not think it's a good system to let RaceRoom know, a lot of people will not bother to search even if it's worth it.

For the rest it seems to me that the system is quite good, the races that I have played have been clean and fun. But I still think that this must be integrated directly into the RaceRoom.

Regards.

Sorry for my English, google

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I must say i disagree with ... practically everything.
    1- The reason you get clean races is (besides other reasons obviously) that people get to know and practice a track for a full week.
    2- SRS on raceroom will end up being more like in AC. It will be 2 or 3 "easy series" that changes every hour and 1 or 2 "special races" per day. For example. Audi TT, DTM 92 and Tatuus every 3 hours and then lets say WTCC race in the morning and GT3 at night.
    3- Problems will arise, its free ffs. I was also super excited for the bathurst race today and the servers didn't load. Shit happens.
    4- hour races will end up being done, AC has a bunch of them.
    5- This is the first season. This is more of a test season than anything else.

Obviously not everything is perfect.
    -You still get "oficial" "races" with 1 guy in it
    -the scoring system is way too trivial
    -the interface does have a bunch of problems
    -you only have 4 servers (this limit has been reached a bunch of times)
    -The track/car selection is, lets say ... questionable at times.
    But even most of this you can get around and will end up not being so intrusive as it seems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Zw3rg3nHamm3r

Zw3rg3nHamm3r Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hallo ich habe da ein Problem mit der App ... erst seit heute Abend ... heute morgen konnte ich die noch Ohne Probleme nutzen.
    Es lädt undendlich lange also die App wird nicht geladen ... habe dann mit einem Kumpel zusammen den TEMP Ordner gelöscht im Raceroom game/64 Verzeichnis und auch noch ein Java Update laufen lassen ... danach den PC neu gestartet ... jetzt klappt zwar soweit der LOGIN ... aber es geht nicht weiter ... siehe Screenshot.

Hat da einer ne Idee was noch das Problem sein könnte?

Bei einigen anderen scheint es ja zu funktionieren, hat sonst noch wer das gleiche Problem?

Attached Files:

14. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Test in the SRS forum

15. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So I've been racing AC in SRS a few weeks now. First time online racing and love the thrill. I'm usually 4-5 sec. slower lap times than the leaders, but still really enjoy it. Wondering is it even worth it to try R3E in SRS? Because I assume the typical driver is much more hard core in R3E than AC. BTW, I'm a gentleman driver; I always get over and slow down for faster opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely worth getting in on R3E SRS! I am a midpack kind of runner and I have had some incredibly entertaining races with SRS.

Typically the fast guys take off and the next pack is pretty much racing wheel to wheel for the duration. Of course sometimes you get some stinker races where people are crashing everywhere, but not too often.

Its a little clunky to get it setup in R3E but well worth it.

SRS if you read this maybe work on making the cutoff time to register 5 minutes instead of 10. I have missed multiple races by a few seconds or minutes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Actually, based on my experiences with RD, the reverse is probably true.
    Due to R3E being woefully overlooked by the sim community (as a general rule), most of the hardcore simmers use either AC, rF2, or iRacing.
    Don't get me wrong, you can absolutely find very fast drivers in R3E, but generally the R3E user-base is a fair bit more mellow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well that's encouraging to hear! All things equal I'd rather play R3E due to the sense of speed it offers over AC. So I'll join my first race this evening. Is there any series you would recommend to start out with in the new season that started today?

19. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Oh, wait; I guess it was AC that started a new season, with R3E still having 2 tracks/weeks left.

20. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't say.
    I've yet to do my first SRS race in the first place. :D
    Mainly a question of not enough hours in the day.

• Like Like x 1