Question Why did all the AI cars pit?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by dungbeetle, Mar 30, 2018.

1. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Five minutes before the end of this 15 minute race at Portimao and all of the Group 5 AI cars dived into the pits. :confused:
    I don't understand why.
    Below are the race settings.
    There was no forced pit stop and even with the 4X fuel use, the Nissan I was in had more than enough fuel left to get to the end of the race.
    How much fuel do the AI cars start with? I assume it's enough to get to the end of the race unless it's more than a tank full.
    What am I missing here, guys?
    Any help much appreciated. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I believe that 4X fuel in a 15min race is causing the AI to pit for fuel. Yes, you will always be able to fuel save much better than the AI in the game.

I had the same issue in practice for a 40 min race with 3X fuel/tyres with GT3 cars on Slovakia Ring, where I could lift and coast and do away with a one stop, whereas the AI pitted two times and therefore rendering me with a 1 min lead to the 2nd place car.

My suggestion for now is that you put one mandatory pit stop in the settings or put fuel usage to a bit less since being on the edge with fuel usage will like I said cause the AI to pit, albeit a bit earlier than the player.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, Henri. :)

4. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0