Why have i ignored this sim for so long :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cully.ie™, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think an online competition system with licenses and ratings would attract a lot more people but...

2. Cully.ie™

Cully.ie™ Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Quick question , i read somewhere recently about the newer cars got a physics update before i bought the premium content, would the DTM 2016 be included in that?
    The reason i ask is i just spent the last two hours having a blast with them around nurburgring, i forgot how insane this series is, fantastic fun, they felt awesome to drive.
    Also i took out the 911 cup car for a spin, holy hell they are a serious challenge to drive but very rewarding when it all comes together.

3. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Glad you're loving RR3 mate, I've been in love with it for many months now :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I'd agree with that, but not my department ☺

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    There's a bit of a mix, the older physics sets are a lot of fun but less sim orientated. If you're looking for recent physics, DTM 2016, 2017, WTCC 16 & 17, FRX-17, FRX-US, Formula Junior and GT3 are the latest. GT3 being the most recent. DTM 92 are very popular but some of the oldest. It all depends on what you're looking for!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
  7. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom looks right, sounds right and feels right.

I think that covers everything? :)

A couple of important benefits of a title that doesn't open itself up to community modding are consistency and quality control. The levels of performance on PC and the quality of the cars and tracks on offer are excellent, and when new content is made available it's invariably of good quality and fits in well within the existing scheme of things. And, perhaps just as importantly, it runs smoothly and doesn't look half bad either.

With regard to sounds, the game has received much praise for its realism, and rightly so. However, the thing I've also found is that some other sims' sounds can be quite harsh and repetitive compared to R3E's and consequently become fatiguing quite quickly. Not so with R3E. The sounds have a richness and a smoothness that never forces me to turn the volume down during long passages of play, and the wonderful backdrop of pops, crackles, creaks and rattles adds so much to the overall soundscape.

The force feedback and physics are subtle but effective and it's surprising how varied and individual the many different cars can feel when driven. At first, the force feedback may seem a little understated compared to other titles like rFactor 2 for example, but all the necessary information is there and I have found it much easier to get into a rhythm when driving in R3E than with any other title. Perhaps the secret here is the way the various feedback elements seem to blend and balance so well together through the wheel, giving a balanced and coherent impression of what the car is doing.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy other driving titles as well, but R3E seems to me to be the best at delivering a fun and cohesive driving experience straight out of the box.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Invictus Deus GT2 RS

Invictus Deus GT2 RS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, fully agree! I have all the latest sims like; AC, rFactor2, iRacing, Raceroom and also had PC2 but uninstalled it because I just didn’t like it for a few reasons, it felt like driving a boat even with the JS FFB files and setting up cars all the time was a pain, not what I call "realistic", it all felt too "arcady", cars spinning out all the time… but anyway, I love AC and keep playing a lot of it, also iRacing for its online segment and the ffb feels good but when it comes to the "whole package", Raceroom has it all for me. It sounds gorgeous (love hoping into an AMG GT3 and just race for hours just to hear it scream..., same with the Porsche GT3-R, love them), and it looks brilliant. I must say, for a DX9 game, it blows away all the other sims I play. With the Reshade files and all the graphics settings set to max, holy moly... looks the most realistic to me, just wow. Next, the FFB feel, I have to admit R3E was the last one I bought, about a month ago... and I can tell you, I didn’t know FFB can feel so good until I tried this game. Took the demo for a spin and had to buy the whole package because the FFB felt so good, seriously good. The true weight of the car, the braking power, the handling, the realistic grip (I’ve driven a few cars in real life)... Jesus, just awesome. Even when I play iRacing or AC (especially for the mods) I can’t stop thinking about R3E. Yesterday, I tried my first AI championship (yeah. I know, but I was mostly hotlaping and practicing in R3E because of the track selection and the 2 cars I like as mentioned above) and jeez, it was fantastic, so much fun. The AI is awesome, and the thrill feels so realistic, it’s amazing. Just to compare, PC2 felt like an arcade, even AC feels the same to me when racing against the AI. But R3E, wow, a completely different level. I feel bad now for not trying the mode much earlier. Hell, for not buying the game long time ago.

So, all I have to say is that this game really opened my eyes how good “simracing” can be and I wish, you guy will make it even better (if there is still room for it).

Oh yeah, I forgot, no point talking about the online mode because we all know who would win, but anyway, with the SRS system now available in R3E, at least we have some sort of online racing in this game. But, for everything else, Raceroom wins it all for me.

Let's see what the future holds…

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Cully.ie™

Cully.ie™ Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    So after a couple of injuries stopping me simrace for over a year i recently got back to it so i thought why not continue in this thread.
    Ive been playing a lot and testing various sims for a few weeks now extensively, rediscovering rfactor 2 aswell as AMS2 and ACC, specifically GT3 and GT4 machines in all sims for comparison.
    Now they are all fantastic sims but i keep coming back to R3E and AMS2 , rf2 while also fantastic in every way is such a chore to setup per car/track/series so ive more or less put it to one side for now.
    ACC feels so lacklustre to me compared to the others AMS2 and R3E where the cars are just more alive and fun to drive.
    Considering both these sims offer 10x more cars and content and ACC is a GT3/4 sim it speaks volumes so it too for now is set to one side for now.
    AMS 2 is superb and improving almost by the week but R3E is the one i just keep coming back to, the FFB is just amazing infact it along with rf2 and AMS2 make my G29 feel like a much higher spec wheel which is saying something.
    After a few weeks reacquainting myself with simracing i dont think R3E has felt or looked so good for me ever, has there been big changes in the past 12-14 months ?
    My plan now is to get into the ranked racing scene , i havent raced much at all online since i quit iracing some years back.

Well done to sector3 , with all the competition your doing a great job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1