Dedicated PC for simracing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lucazpf, Apr 11, 2018.

1. lucazpf

lucazpf Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm a general gamer and my sim racing setup continue to grow becoming cumbersome. My setup is now a mess and I (or my wife?!) decided to move my setup in the basement but... I need a dedicated PC to play

I play at 3440x1440@60fps
    and so far I got this components
    7700K CPU
    600W PSU from Corsair

I think that a 1070 is enough at that resolution
    What You think guys?
    Thanks

2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    My advice has always been set a budget that you can afford and then spend it...all.
    I don't mean to sound dismissive but you won't have regrets that way as you get the best hardware combination because as you go along you may decide you may not need a sound card as the onboard MB offers are adequate then take the money saved and put towards the GPU. Like wise 16GB of RAM may be more than needed and that extra cash can also go to the GPU. In short I would dedicate the majority of the budget to the GPU and with the 7700k a MB that will allow for overclocking. The 1070 will achieve your expected goal to be sure.
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. lucazpf

lucazpf Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It's a complete PC (I miss only the GPU) but I've indicated only the most important components.
    I could even afford a 1080 Ti, but I've already tried it with this config but the PSU can't handle the Ti.
    So I think I'll go for the 1080 (no Ti) because the price is similar to 1070 Ti.
    I'm afraid that the 1070 is too weak

4. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Obviously not having the entire picture of what you have and what you want to do, other than achieve 3440x1440@60fps giving further advise is moot. Good Luck again.