More GT3 cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iHeartPorsche, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    TL;DR There won't be a full GT3 grid of 47 different cars, but there will be some more added in the future.

Case closed, no need for further discussion.

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  3. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Maybe something in English, and a specific link to where a (real), (professional) GT pilot stated iRacing "isn't realistic."

There are reasons iRacing is the most used sim among professional race car pilots...

4. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    at 21:38

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You do realize that in that video, he puts Raceroom behind Assetto Corsa and iRacing, saying that the only thing realistic about Raceroom is the braking...

He also puts iRacing as number 1 of the three, stating that it is the most realistic of the other two (Assetto Corsa, Raceroom) he mentions MANY time throughout the video that iRacing is the most detailed of the three as well.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    You literally asked for it, so there was the part you were looking for.

Anyway this whole thread doesn't even make sense anymore, you can just go play iRacing if you want, it's up to you. We don't need this kind of a pointless discussion here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I play both, I just don't admire the obvious amount of bias behaviour in this forum. Very dissapointing. The video provided totally contradicted all arguments made toward iRacing.

Nicki Thiim is a big iRacing fan. If it wasn't realistic, he would not play it as much as he does. Same with the (hundreds) of professional drivers who use it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see the Acura/Honda NSX and the Lexus RC F added. Oh and the Ferrari 488 if they can work out a licensing deal for that. Other than that, I think they should drop the Camaro and Mustang down to GT4 specs and update to the 2016-2018 Camaro. That would help fill out the GT4 class a bit too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i think you overestimate the meaning of their usage of iracing a bit. Most of them don't use it for its realism but for practicing a track and general racing awareness on the track. And a big advantage of iracing is the online system with rating.

And as an example for a professional GT3 driver saying iracing is not "THE SIM" I can give you Wolfgang Reip. When he was asked in an interview if iracing is the most realistic sim he had to chuckle.. smiled .. and said "oh no.. it's not the most realistic"..

But it all comes down to personal preferences... with raceroom you also have professionals who say it's their tool of choice and others may don't like it as much. btw most race drivers that praise iracing drive nascar and they really don't have much choice out there if they want to go round a virtual oval.

Jan Seyffarth for example plays iRacing for the online competition as a main reason, he likes iracing most but also says that raceroom for example is very close behind and he hates pcars2... other race drivers prefer pcars2 (yes.. they exist) and so on and so on..
    You just can't say "but iracing is the most realistic"... it isn't... no sim is.. all have their own strong points and weak parts... for example rfactor2... superb fisics, stellar tire model, great driving, day/night, weather, dynamic racing line (and yet I am here playing raceroom instead)... but lack of content and (casual) online racing sucks big time.. even with superb physics etc you cannot call it the best sim imo.

And that's a stupid discussion btw.

(and just for the record.. no one really doubts that iracing is somewhat realistic. So please don't think that "we" here in this forum are iracing haters.. we, most of the part, just have chosen a different (main)-sim)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  10. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Lets get the tyre model out of the way.
    This is how it (probabily) works. You have 2 extremes of doing it. One case is, you go balls to the wall with the mathematics like RF2 does or you go full data (what i think Raceroom does specially with gt3). What happens in AC, iracing, PC etc... is something inbetween.
    The good thing about going full data is that you get a very well optimized experience for one case. So the gt3's in raceroom behave very similarly to the data that they have access too. Problem with this is that this data is for a certain tyre pressure, certain track temp, certain ambient temp etc... So changing stuff like tyre pressures will mess everything up. Also its not a question of "oh you average it out". Tyre behaviour is EXTREMELY COMPLEX!!!
    [​IMG]
    You can go the other extreme like rfactor 2 does, the problem is that the sim becomes very complex and harder to make ... the actual game ! In the last ACC video with RD they talked about this, how they could go all in and do the dynamic stuff on the rain but the problem would be all the computing power needed to do this.
    PC2 does all of this. It has everything. But then you have the famous "jack of all trades, good at none" situation.
    Yes, Raceroom has probabily the "simplest model", but then it benifits in other areas like the net code being as good or better than iracing (IMO). This is why league racing is very popular in raceroom, because the actual racing experience (hence the name) is pretty damn good.
    All of this is a balance, the best "sim" is actually ... well its none of them. Thats why things like Rfactor PRO exist.
    Also about the iracing thing. Its more than known that iracings tyre model is hit and miss, nothing new here.
    This is the main reason why racers use iracing (nicki talks about this all the time). He actually complains a lot about the actual phisics of the cars but says that iracing is the only sim with accurate tracks, and i 100% agree. No sim even comes CLOSE to the accuracy of iracing. Even the tracks that are laser scanned feel like toys comprared to iracing.

Now back to the GT3 topic.
    People actually don't want more GT3's in general. They want the ferrari and the lambo gt3's (in general).
    Also the question should be "do you want 10 more gt3's or 3 gt3's and 7 other cars?". Also we already know what the next cars will be.
    -2 porsches (confirmed)
    -3 mercs (confirmed)
    -Group C (likely, see the car wishlist thread)
    -TCR (confirmed)
    -and probabily GT4 since the KTM is more than known to be ready.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm a bit older and mildly disagree.
    Have you ever been to a race of F1 V12/V10/V8, Groupe C, Groupe 5, prototypes, touring cars like DTM/ITC/BTCC/STWC or hillclimb?
    GTR3 is amazing, no question, but it's not the crown of motorsports.;)

• Love it! Love it! x 4
  12. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion, it is ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    but thats all it is ..... an opinion , nothing more or less; it carry's no weight or value unless you have some valid real life experience or respect , and back reading through this thread i see neither .....

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Only thing that in Iracing sucks are car sounds . Indycar sounds a lot better in Raceroom .

15. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sounds in iRacing are some of the best. Raceroom gets the smaller details, but the basic stuff (pitch, note, etc) iRacing nails it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    How did this thread about more GT3 cars become a iRacing vs R3E thread?

That is a rhetorical question, do not bother to answer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0

Soo good
    11 manufacturers
    54 cars in grid
    Ferrari lambo jaguar lexus nissan audi mclaren mercedes aston martin bentley (continental is a beauty) bmw.
    The best of the best

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  18. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Here the link in english

19. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hm. I didn't know so many Raceroom players were so ignorant. Seems like when someone isn't constantly sucking Sector3's 8===> people get defensive. Sad. Just like everyone else in this horrible sim racing community. Fanboys, elitists, gross! Didn't know it was like that here. Oh well...

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ok. so when someone's not sharing your opinion, for example that GT3s are the pinnacle of motorsport, he or she is ignorant?...
    I ask myself who's really ignorant here.

And by the way, it's people like you that make the "horrible sim racing community", as you call it, so toxic.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.