How is AI with Group 5 pack with latest update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMarkham40, Jun 3, 2015.

1. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I held off purchasing the Group 5 pack because I read the AI was somewhat erratic with these powerful cars. Has this been corrected with the latest update?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Once you have them match your skill level the AI in R3E is really good imo, probably the best there is.

3. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    If they're erratic it's probably realistic, almost everybody is. Even in a good crew MP Gr5 races tend to 'entertaining' affairs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Holger53

Holger53 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Salzbugring is a good track to test it....

5. baronesbc

baronesbc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    not so much, they are always very aggressive, too for my taste.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Holger53

Holger53 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    100% ?

7. baronesbc

baronesbc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    i tried 2 races at 120%, at Bathurst and at Zolder. in heavy braking, the collision is almost sure

8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    AI works very good in touring '92, GT2, GT3 and WTCC. The more brutal exotic cars, the brute force monsterts of GTX and group 5 show the deficits of the AI to adapt braking to the raw power.

9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    No one seems to consider the fact that S3 have do develop an AI that will work with such a variety of cars. I'd say it's damn near impossible to get EVERYthing right. One does not drive a 300hp FWD saloon car with almost no aero, a 500hp GT3 car with lots of downforce and a 700+hp RWD turbocharged lightweight car with relatively less aero the same way, so it's really not fair to expect the AI will drive every class perfectly. There has to be compromises made and IMHO they've done a pretty good job, considering all that.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is not just sucking up to the devs here: I've been critical about the business model and the FFB issues. I really just think the AI is solid, considering all things.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  10. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I raced the AI in G5 today all was well...

11. baronesbc

baronesbc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yep of course, but the topic is a question on how works the AI with the G5 cars, it comes only to share our experiences to help the user to understand, And who knows, maybe the right feedback could help devs to go in the right direction and improve the gaming experience for everyone.
    Since the problem is the aggressiveness, maybe a slide to adjust it (as in gtr2, rfactor etc) could help

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A slider to alter the distance at which the AI behind me starts to brake when approaching me. Brutal cars: longer distance. Normal cars: shorter distance.

Armoured cars: no distance. :D LOL

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What I wrote in another thread:
    Just made a G5 race at Nürburgring gp, starting from the back and the AI set to 102.
    It was a bit better in this class!
    I saw some more overtakings and mistakes / accidents than with the Touring classics.
    Sure it was a bit more rough and bumpy, but not to the extent that they ruined the race for me.

An aggression slider would be really nice to have, so that we can ramp that up if they don't battle eachother enough for our liking!
    (or if they get too aggressive, constantly spinning us out)