Problem R3E Ends after 1 lap, Practice & AI Races ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by IpMac, Apr 26, 2018.

1. IpMac

IpMac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Fresh Win 10 install and latest nvidia drivers (GTX1080Ti) and since then R3E in practice goes back to Menu saying a controller missing, not true because can restart practice and works fine, just does the same again after 1 lap, as I cross under the Red bridge just after the start of the long straight. Also,
    No matter how many laps or even what time limit I put in the race setting and then do an AI Race, the race still ends after 1 lap.
    IRacing Works fine, but I really loved practicing and racing against the AI in R3E, its why I bought all the cars and tracks last month.

Note,
    I have Tried other usb2 and usb3 ports and still does the same. Only happens after 1 lap.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    put your full hardware and pc specs in your signature please .... our crystal ball is broken

Andi

3. IpMac

IpMac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would if could find were to put it in.

For now,
    Its ,
    6700k.
    16gb 3200 ram.
    GTX1080Ti.
    M2 C drive. 250gb
    Latest Win 10 and Nvidia GPU Drivers.
    Gigabyte z270x gaming 9 mb.

DD 20Nm Mige with Simucube FW and Tool.
    Fanatec wheel/s with SRM conversion kits to work with DD servo kits.
    He Pro pedals.

Now I just copied the controller file and deleted fanatec f1 wheel from it to stop the missing device popup/issue and ran another practice and AI Race and still stopped/ended after 1 lap.

Even the race results showed Race 1 -23minutes, yet still showed finish times in the 6min20 sec laptime for the 1 lap. ??????

4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hi there!

I would like some logs from you. To get a nice log with just what I need please follow these steps:
    Start the game, and run the usual session where this occurs.
    Once the issue occurs, exit the game.
    Now go to: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

Sort the files by date and get the LATEST game and MWTransport files. One of each. The date they are created are part of the filename. Attach them in a reply here!

5. IpMac

IpMac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe Im stupid (most likely) but tried dif track and dif nord track option and was fine. So I tried Tourist Nord track again and yep ends after 1 lap. So is this normal or not guys and am I an idiot ?

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, i doubt this would be solved if you dont post your logs like Kitsune requested... since nobody has any idea what the potential issue might be ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The Nordschleife Tourist layout is a point to point track, so it's quite obvious that the race is over after 1 lap there. If you want to do more laps, you need to use the full Nordschleife layout.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. IpMac

IpMac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Well thats me told by you. Sooo helpful.

Kitsune,
    I found the logs and tested opening them in Notepad but just got what looked like Chinese in one and just a mess of shapes and stuff in the other so wanted try find s program to open them so thst they actually looked like something close to English but found nothing yet.
    Now as that so helpful person pointed out about Nordschleife Tourist It appears I am just stupid because it was not obvious to me. Hence why I came on here for what I hoped would be help.
    So I will ask you as you Are tryng to help me out. Is there a known reason as to why R3E no longer allows me to add a ffb wheel to controller section and only way now I can get ffb enabled ingame is to add an already setup ffb wheel controller file directly into the games controller folder ?