New graphic engine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iHeartPorsche, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    @iHeartPorsche The biggest problem is you can't have a valid opinion on any pc sim, because you don't even own a pc and you didn't play any pc sim for the last year and a half and like you said yourself : " since I know it's basically an entirely new game, a year and a half later. I assume it's a lot different than what it was over a year ago. It's like going from Project CARS 1 to 2."

Why do you keep defending your opinion if it is based on nothing ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I can understand why you worry about your personal safety

Every sim has something it can improve on. I’ve played ac, Iracing, pc2, rf2 and raceroom and even though I dabble in all of them from time to time, raceroom delivers the best overall package in my opinion. Even without the fancy tire modeling raceroom feels more connect to the road for me. Graphics are beautiful and their ai are the best out of all of them.

Most importantly I love the regular updates and over the last 12 months the changes to the physics have made the game twice as good as the others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    actually the biggest problem would be that there's ue4 port announced at some point in the future so thread like that doesnt make any sense

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I haven't read through the thread in its entirety but I have to agree that R3E needs a new graphics engine sooner rather than later. Whilst I think the game looks great on what is an ageing platform (the track art is second to none, for instance) there is still a certain flatness to the visuals.

I've been playing a lot of Wreckfest recently (which I realise isn't a direct comparison) and R3E's visuals are really showing their age when I compare the two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I don't quite get what you're saying here, can you define what you mean between game/sim?

How would you go about improving the graphics ( just want to know, they seem perfectly acceptable to me)?

6. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    1. By "bad for a game," I'm Implying that I think RaceRoom looks bad compared to other racing games outside the sim genre (as a whole). When I stated DriveClub and GT Sport look superior when put next to RaceRoom.

2. Lighting, colour palette. To me, the colour palette is dull and strange. Here's an example.
    ----- Skip to the middle of the video to see specifically what I mean.
    >

7. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    on the right I see a very aged graphics engine that somehow still manages to be relevant and very immersive and on the left I see an ultra high def cartoon.Subjective pov very much intrigues me.
    I'm looking forward to the new engine but hope it won't be cartoonish like the spa photo that surfaced some time ago.

8. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Okay, but you see my point... While I agree that Raceroom does a very good job at holding it's own, it still does not compare graphically with modern standards. GT Sport and Driveclub are arguably the two most true-to-life looking games available in terms of colour palette and especially lighting. Im a huge fan of Raceroom and I only point out negetives because I want this sim to be the best it can possibly be. I point out the wrong over the right because we all know the right, but some may not know the wrong. Sorry, but the visuals of R3E unfortunately fall in the "wrong" for me. Please don't have a bias opinion.

I think we all know Raceroom is a great looking sim, but it just doesn't compare (Graphically) with these triple-A racing video games.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok , a million times you repeat the same stuff , multiple times you have been told that r3e will move to the new graphics engine ; so to keep saying it looks crap and needs to change does nothing as this will happen at some point ...
    i would suggest kindly that you find spomething else to bleet about as basically we all understand your opinion is final and the most correct in the world ...

so do us all a favour and shut it please

Andi

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps if people would stop responding asking the same questions over and over again, I wouldn't have to repeat myself. If you get so easily angered by the notifications from this thread, simply drag your mouse to tippy top of the screen and click "unwatch thread." ;)

Have a good one!

-Brandon

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Once i went to a Porsche forum and joined their community. There i complained about the 911 didnt have sqare headlights and a V12 frontengine. Now the Porschecommunity hates me, dont know why, i love porsche, but i dont even have a porsche, but a nice bicycle. Porschedrivers are toxic...

At topic: R3E grafic is nice. I love the lightening. I only want UE4 because we get night and weather then. I hope it wont get cartoony like other titles. But otherwise i dont think it would bother me too much under VR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  12. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    The issue that I'm seeing here is that people are getting defensive over their own opinions. What I'm picking up from your post, is that my opinion is invalid, simply because you are trying to speak for me. Whether you mean to say it, or if it has been lost in translation, I don't know.

What I'm trying to say is, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please don't try to speak for me.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Have your opinion buddy, I will still get my sleep. Just pointing out that its no secret that other triple A titles are more true-to-life graphically than R3E and I know I speak for a lot of others who feel the same way.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    (or others)

Typical Freudian slip plus you did it again.... :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    You may well speak for others, but you did explicitly say:...

16. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    He clearly speaks for many others. The like/dislikeratio shows it. Thumb down means "give this man a nobelprice" or the X is like the Part where you sign a contract. Its simple guys. Stop hating make love n shiet...

Funny:"like other Triple-A title" - yeah the great triple-A title Raceroom Racing Experience. That title where little kiddos wet their pants, when they get it. Made my day...

17. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, iHeartPorsche

Look at all the agrees and disagrees ratings and you could clearly see, if your opinion is the only right opinion.
    If not: Learn to deal with it. Why do you want to force everyone to your opinion?
    This absolutely makes no sense. Can't believe what you're doing here.

I assume that you feel ashamed of your writing in a couple of years.

18. Vegaguy

Vegaguy Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I agree with this. There is something very realistic about the physics in RR for me as well. Especially braking and front end feel coming into a corner. No other sim does this better. IMHO. (rF2 comes very close)
    In other sims there is a break down in communication after awhile, and as soon as I experience a WTF moment I don't want to drive any more.

PS I guess that's why, for me, I don't notice the bad graphics? I'll try to pay more attention in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  19. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You seem to forget this is a bias forum. Go to GT Planet and point out negetives about GT and see your like/dislike ratio. Same with any other forum. PC2, people will most likely stick up for PC2. RFactor, people will most likely stick up for RFactor.

I dare any of you to go on a nonbias "forum" i.e. YouTube, Reddit, etc and say "RaceRoom Racing Experience looks superior to GT Sport/Driveclub"... We'll see how spectacular your like/dislike ratio is mate XD

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    You're all arguing subjective opinion and taste which ultimately boils down to "I like A" vs "I like B".
    I could sit here all day with my popcorn but the fact of the matter is that:
    1. The original question has been answered.
    2. You can't make someone stop liking something no matter how much you argue.
    I will be locking the thread.

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.