Wreckfest

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy Kettler, Feb 23, 2018.

1. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    People complaining about the physics obviously haven't driven a folkrace/rallycross/rally car on gravel. The physics are very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I bought this game recently and i really like it. The physics are pretty decent with a wheel and lots of fun.
    For me it's the perfect game to combine with a more serious sim like R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    • [​IMG]

Lights are green – Wreckfest leaves Early Access after only 1611 days!

Get ready to race and to smash your opponents! Wreckfest, from renowned developer and racing game expert Bugbear Entertainment has entered the final lap and is closing in on the finishing line.

On June 14th 2018, Wreckfest launches on PC and on November 20th, Wreckfest will be released on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.

With the release, players can expect a set of brand new features. The challenge mode with all new unusal vehicles – like a crop harvester – guarantees crazy races, you’ve never seen before. Also players can now customize their cars with quirky items. Why would anyone have a car without a shark fin?

Stay tuned for more exciting news!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Is there any point in purchasing the Deluxe Edition? I see nothing particularly interesting on its feature list

5. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any point to do this atm.

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    dayz is left alone on the early access throne

7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    LOL

I stick to it - while what there is NOW is quite good for what it wants to be, the Early Access phase of theirs is the best example of how it should not be done. I don't know a worse Early Access program than this one. The developer's name thus is marked in my mental notebook: "never again".

Buy it and enjoy it now, if you like the object of this package, in its current state it really is good fun - but avoid the developer in the future. This studio is orientationless and badly managed. They need a better captain and helmsman.

8. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I only bought it early access a few months ago and i really like it, so i see no reason to avoid the developer in the future.
    The only thing you have to do is have enough patience to wait until it's good enough to play. A few months back i saw many good reviews on steam, so i bought it and i don't regret it.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I bought it almost 5 years ago - assuming that Early Access means 12-18 months at maximum. I saw them almost disappearing, saw them chnaging the engine once or even twice with no need at that point of time recongizable, I heard them starting to talk about getting engaged with a new second game simultaneously to Wreckfest while at that time it was obvious they lacked the capcitzy to even handle Wreckfest alone, not to mention: finishing it.

Very chaotic developer, will not get burnt again by them.

Assetto Corsa showed how Early Access should be done. Clear timetable. Clear outlook on plans and features. Regular delivery of advertised content. Completing Early Access program after I think 9 months with releasing full version 1.0. That is how it is to be done. And it shows that it can be done - with proper management and realistic planning and deciding.

Too many people and developers these days mistake "early access release" with "premature release". Too many want the applaus and the money already before they have done somethign worth it. Thats like asking for first medals already after 40 of 100m run.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Codemaster's Dirt Rally also ran an excellent Early Access program: clear content plan, clear timetable, regular delivery, finished within reasonable timeframe. Very good display of how Early Access should be done.

Its possible.

11. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    But once the game was released, they completely abandoned it. No additional content, no new futures, no improvements, nothing.... they left it unfinished.
    As a game, Wreckfest is already in a better state than Dirt Rally ever was.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No, it was not "unfinished", the announced content was fully delivered. They just decided to not continue developing for it after full release of the advertised game, and did not alter the design of features afterwards and after the develoment done during Early Access phase. Instead they focussed on a new game.

It may not have had the content you wanted it to have. But that is you. ;) I was quite happy with what it was and is. To me it is a round and nice package.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 3
  14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Wreckfest | Singleplayer Race | Rocket @ Sandstone Raceway

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I really like this game, fun and addictive :)

This is by far the best physics and ffb i've ever seen in any arcade game.

17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    And by far the best collision phyiscs with AI... ;)

No weird stuff happening at all...

18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  19. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't there a way, once upon a long time ago, to toggle off the name boxes above the cars in race? I only find option to toggle drivers list.