Released May 8th Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 8, 2018.

1. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update @J-F Chardon but I have two details I'd like implemented in the future. Excuse me if you have another thread for update-wishes, I couldn't find it.

1. Cars in the virtual mirror appear further back than they actually are, at least that's my conception. A car following 0,3 sec behind looks like it's 2 sec behind in the mirror. Is there any way to change the FOV to make this visually correlate better to the actual distance?
    2. On Zandvoort, when using cockpit view, the current standings suddenly appear in the left hand corner of the screen when in the middle of corner 3, Hugenholtzbocht. This blocks the whole of the inside corner so you can't see the apex, and I can't remember if this was the case before.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to fix the setup to a given one?

(nice patch guys :))

3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Nice work, especially on the pit confirmation!

Am I being an idiot still hoping to see some sort of multiplayer licensing/ranking system one of these updates?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    The input meter graph is abit bulky really, the lines are to thick, and I think the whole thing could be half the size..

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can resize and reposition it to your liking, see this: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/may-8th-update.10758/#post-150387

That's not possible, it will always load the default setup. What this function does is basically blocking (greying out) all setup options except tyre options, fuel and brake balance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that could be a further improvement, let the ability to decide on the server side what setup will be forced.

You can use the HUD Manager, I'm adding the Input Meter element and will publish an update soon. :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well friend ... I do not think you're an idiot .... I have the same hope ... maybe we're already 2 nerds ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

I'm almost certain that this "manual" way is not the final state for those HUD elements. I agree that it's not a totally satisfactory solution (and I'm sure the team is aware of this as well), but for the time being it was either going to be this way or not at all, and I guess most people who use this feature (especially streamers) are happy that we even have a built-in solution now.

In the meantime I'm glad and thankful that we have people like @ChatCureuil in our community who invest their time to make things a bit more comfortable and/or enjoyable for everyone.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I second that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice if the steering wheel could be disabled in the Input Meter and to get some numbers for a better position on triple screens. Really... this is rediculous that we still have to tweak configuration files manually!

12. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, i have the same problem :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Captain Obvious here, but I'm guessing the FOV in the mirrors is like this to allow you to see as much to the sides as possible, as it's one or the other. I believe iRacing has it like this as well, though you can change the FOV there, which would be a nice option to have, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh but whats weird is when you switch on the virtual mirror it changes the fov of the the real mirrors, for me the whole thing is just weird, certainly needs working on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    'ere, Gopher04 you still getting the V3 issue?
    Don't seem to have had it since the update o_O, no mention in the notes from what I saw but not had one device related messages at all. Spot on if it is cured, can get back to a bit of club racing! :)

16. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Now that you say it, i didnt have a single „device disconnected“ message yesterday.
    It might got fixed, ill double check that later today.

17. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Known issue...

18. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Monza could be updated too. There's no longer an overpass before the second chicane:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    All tracks in R3E have to be updated one day ... by laser scanned data!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Mifadk70

Mifadk70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great update, but please prioritize solving the triple screen bugs. Shadow problems in replay as well as tire smoke not placed near the tires in replays.

• Agree Agree x 1