iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Well, this time it was the Week 13 Mazda Cup.
    I know what comes with racing, but this defintely not. When people drive like a blind dumbd divebombing from impossible distances and braking stopping their cars on their opponents' car. This last thing happened twice just yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    AI COMING to iRACING

Tony Gardner was kind enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions below. (cut and pasted from the iRacing Forums)

1/ How is it going to be Implemented?...Do we sign in as usual and go to another part of the Website to access the AI component?

Yes you would just sign up/join as usual. AI will be on the Beta UI. You will see a section that right now says "Race Against AI", just like you see for Official Races, Hosted, Time Attack etc. Click on Race Agaisnt AI . Then you will click on button Create a Race/Season. Click That. You will then be the admin to select your options, settings and various choices. Then hit the Big Race button like you always do. Simple as that. I wish it was simple as that to develop. [​IMG]

2/ Can iRacers use their existing purchased content with AI or do iRacers have to repurchase the content they want to use with AI?

Yes you can use your existing content. There is no extra charge for AI. Just added value as part of your membership.

3/ What Car Series and Tracks will be available with AI?...All eventually or just a selected amount.

All eventually I hope, it certainly is looking that way. Certainly, some special case bugs to work on, however. Right now for example the AI does not like going over jumps with the GRC cars but we do have all the cars "working" now in various states. I was just watching 40 completely different cars go around Bristol at once. It was pretty funny seeing F1 car out there flying around legends car, dirt cars and things like that. You won't be able to do that however but you will be able have multi-class AI like IMSA for example.

4/ Will the AI component be updated / improved as per the existing iRacing procedures ie' Updates Required'

Yes, will update the same way and same time as everything else.

5/ Will AI be used to fill up a Grid in Human races?

No. If a strong demand we could consider doing for hosted/private only someday but that will not be in the initial release. [

6/ Can the AI component of iRacing be played 'OFF LINE' without having to sign in or be connected to the internet?

No. Think of it like testing currently. That is essentially off-line but you still need the Internet and to login for various reasons. We do have a commercial version of iRacing we call the Trade Show Version which has a different Interface and works completely without the Internet, we would have AI available for that as well. That is purchased as a commercial license.

7/ How is the OVAL racing going to work?...Full flag, pit stops etc much like the other Nascar games.

Yes there will be pit stops, cautions, flags, etc. all that fun stuff.

These are just a few Questions and I am sure many more can be added.

I am personally excited about the inclusion of AI into iRacing and will purchase missing content to make good use of the AI component when it gets here....exciting times ahead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I do not run in iracing, but I imagine that the vast majority will not agree with the implementation of AI

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    In the Forums about AI Implementation into iRacing most of the posts say NO AI...however a pole showing 'In favor of AI' and 'Against AI'...the 'In Favor' was slightly ahead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    From what I've noticed most of the no AI crowd are just worried that AI would appear in official races, a few of them angry at the idea of them even being an option for hosted sessions. But then again finding sim racers angry about something is about the easiest thing you can do in this hobby, we love our rage.

Looking forward to it personally, and I think it makes sense from a business perspective. I bought the Kamel Cup cars yet have never had an official race with them. I would never recommend anyone buying the cars at the moment because there's just not enough racing there to warrant the cost. Yes if you look at the forums and plan your schedule you can get official racing in any series but at the same time if I'm gonna do that I'll most likely be club racing here in Raceroom. Heck with the AI I might even go back and dip my toes in Oval for a laugh.

Like Tony said it's just added value to a service.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Next round: R3E vs. iRacing

Porsche 911 RSR and the Belle Isle Street Circuit are coming ...

... the first real street circuit in iRacing ...

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  8. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    new features, new features, new features, …

• Like Like x 3
  9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  10. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Dirt Oval racing is pretty fun :)

iRacing | DIRTcar Street Stock Series | Dirt Oval Rookie Race @ USA International Speedway

• Like Like x 2
  14. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I suck at it, but it's good fun trying.......Thats one thing that would bring me back to iRacing.

15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    while after seeing title i hoped for some soft body magic, i must admit im surprised how nice it looks

17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I don't get it, this is the sim for the elite, if you would utilize the full potential of this damage model, you shouldn't be there in the first place :D (just kidding)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    cant wait for crash montages :D

19. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Finally!!! Looks like the "Sandbox" has got a major update! …

… Welcome iRacing to the world of mesh tacks, like you can find in R3E.

[​IMG]

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont understand what you mean here?

Neither game has a track surface that looks like this for the physics calculations.