FANATEC V2.5 FFB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scott duncan, May 27, 2018.

1. Scott duncan

Scott duncan New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    • Hey team

The world of FFB is some what a mystery, brings us so much joy but joy comes hand in hand with frustration...
    "tearing hair out head" kind of frustration haha

I became a proud owner of fanatec V2.5 and V3 pedals back in janaury and since then ive been dialing in settings with many trips to my GP for stress (joking about the stress part) ANYWAY, so now im on raceroom i feel the FFB is top drawer using my fanatec setup, very pleased but since im new to raceroom i sort of started again in terms of whats what and being a damm perfectionist ive sat in my bucket racing seat for HOURS and HOURS, DAYS, even WEEKS probably, although im in no doubt so have many of you guys esp if yous happen to be reading this lol...

BUT theres light at the end of the tunnel ... due to my knowledge thats growing day by day i feel these settings work well, well for me anyway as everybody likes the FFB to be different, there isnt one solution for all....

I know one or two racing car drivers who are sim racers and if i message them they get back to me so from the trillion questions i asked them regarding car charateristics / car physics in the real world combined with what ive came to know about sims then its IMO it should feel power steery (light-ish) with the FFB from tyre slip,tyres biting the surface, understeer, oversteer,kerbs etc all pushing through giving tremendous FFB replicating real car physics through ones hands ... when the tyres slip the wheel goes light and the opposite when they bite the tarmac.. RACEROOM does do awesome ffb and these settings give me that happy feeling that its working..
    These settings were tried and tested where i completed over 100 laps in a WTCC series the GT3 whilst using the FFB METER and not once did i see it clipping! Of course when you go to different series you must tweek ffb multiplier!!!

Im no expert as im sure you have gathered that by now but I'll post my FFB settings i took and if any you guys who are legends of FFB and sim racing world want to try them out but i stand tall to be corrected as all feedback will be welcome.

Also if anyone is at the " im lost, switch it off " stage then try the settings out and tell me what you think, remember this is for fanatec V2.5 only!!!!! TRY THEM GUYS!!! all the best

p.s sim racing limit is my YT channel and instagram!!!!!

RACEROOM SETTINGS IN CAR SETUPS:
    wheel range - 650
    steering lock - 16
    ffb multiply - 2300 or 2400

RACEROOM FFB SETTINGS MENU:
    ffb intensity - 100
    smoothing - 20
    ffb spring - 10
    ffb damper - 0
    steering force inensity - 75

MIN force - 0 (made my wheel oscilate anything beyond 2%)
    understeer - 50
    vertical - 55
    lateral - 55
    rack - 0
    (min force - rack its self preference IMO its defo tweekable)

slip effect - 30 or 40
    engine vibrations - 0
    kerbs - 15 or 20
    shift effect - 30
    collisions effect - 50

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    probably help if you added your wheel settings too , as they can totally translate how the ingame settings feel

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scott duncan

Scott duncan New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey andi, thanks for pointing that out ... cant believe i forgot my wheel settings lol

FANATEC WHEEL SETTINGS:
    SEN - 660
    FFB - 100
    SHO - 100
    ABS - 55
    DRI - off
    FOR - 100
    SPR - 20 or off
    DPR - off

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

thanks

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Just tried these settings and they feel really nice, just one thing. I get quite a bit of vibration when simply turning the wheel without any braking or running over kerbs. Which setting would lessen this vibration?

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Scott duncan

Scott duncan New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    HELLO NEIL sorry for the late reply.
    if you havent managed to get this issue tweeked yet then ..
    i would reduce SHOCK on the fanatec wheel settings, reduce it by 10 then try it again .. then just keep coming down untill it feels where you want it to be

hope this helps