Account Blocked/Locked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimonWhitehead, May 29, 2018.

1. SimonWhitehead

SimonWhitehead New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Purchased 10000 vrp points on Saturday and was looking forward to using them today only to find out that my account is no longer assessable. Been trying to do a clean install all day with no success. Was working fine yesterday. Yes I have done a few installs/uninstalls over the past few days but surely this would not lead me to get blocked? . I have have set up a steam test account which worked fine a few minutes ago.

Thanks.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    What happens when you try to start the game with your normal Steam account? Installing should not make a difference since the account data is only stored on their servers anyway.

3. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Game loads to the 1st screen with the 5 cars in a row then hangs for a few minutes before giving a 503 Portal error. Cannot login/register through game.raceroom website although I can with my test account. Very strange?

4. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To Clarify
    I purchased 10,000 vrp points on Saturday but unfortunatly cannot use them as my raceroom account seems to have disappeared and game.raceroom/com and steam will not let me make a new one ? . Just tried a steam test account on my PC which works fine...any ideas..Thanks

5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Have you raised a support ticket?

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Yes raised a support ticket nearly 12hrs ago, Will wait to see if I get a reply.
    Thanks. :)

8. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi again.
    Over 2 days since I raised a support ticket and still no reply or ticket even allocated. Could someone take a look please as a matter of urgency.
    Thanks

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, what you can try would be deleting the Game-Saves-Folder for raceroom located under \my documents\games\simbin\
    That Folder will be recreated after restarting the game.

But you need as a side-effect you should know that every setting, replay and car-setup will be deleted. If you want to be save, just move that folder to a different Location as a backup. You can copy back some files later (replay or carsetup) if you want/need to...

10. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mate.
    Thanks for your reply it does not seem to be my end I cannot even make a raceroom account after signing into steam I am returned to the raceroom sign up page but do not get the sign up form to enter your email etc and as I say it works fine with a steam test account

11. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would say it looks when I deleted my account to reset the stats etc in preparation to use my vrp purchase some of my original account details have remained on the server and will require manually deleting?

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, yeah - that might be the case... I guess it's not the plan to reset the account with deleting it. The Steam-Account is linked to the Raceroom-Account. I'm not sure what happens when the raceroom-account was deleted and you create a new one with the same Steam-Account.
    What's your Steam-Account Name? Maybe @Kitsune Magyar can have a look than... But the Weekend is getting started, so I'm not sure if the Support-Team can help before next week.

13. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will wait a few more days to see if support give me a reply, just annoying when I have spent £50 on VRP and ask for a bit of help with no reply ☹️

14. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

I have been swarmed with work and since I'm also the help desk guy it's unfortunately been left hanging. With 10000 vRP in the balance though I felt I had to go in and check this out.

Looks like you deleted your account. When you delete your account this can lead to not being able to make a new one because lots of things happen behind the scenes which can go wrong. Unfortunately this is not something I can resolve on my own and since it's weekend I can't get in touch with the people who can solve it.

The quick and dirty solution is to just make a new Steam and RaceRoom account and use that from now on, since your 10K vRP redeem code is not tied to any one account.

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Ah well yeah, if you delete your account, there are warnings that there's no turning back.

16. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply just wanted to know where I stand . Yes I can wait till I am able to make a new raceroom account with my original steam account as I would like to keep all my games together on one steam account . There were no stats etc on the raceroom account I deleted as I was just testing it out before what I thought would be a fresh raceroom account install with new stats and my new vrp .
    Thanks .

17. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I believe this should be fixed now. I hope.

18. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I will check it out when I get in from work this afternoon

19. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately Still not able to log in with my original account :(

20. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean log in or register new account?