Released 05-06-2015 RaceRoom has been updated (hotfix)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but all I need is to know that you check it out. The Alt-Tab workaround works reliably currently, and I can use the wheel, and switch Profiler off like before the 9GB patch and then have all buttons on it. Seen that way, everything is well. I only wanted to make sure that you guys are aware of a new issue after the patch and take care of it. Good night!

2. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    1- yes that what I mean no startup profiler with windows start.
    2- I agree : when you have many piece of hardware Logitech as keyboard, mouse, headphone you get a splendid and unifyed elaborated software well functioning for all your hardware but for the Logitech controlers you must use another soft (profiler) which is outdated from before 2010. Unbelievable from such company like Logitech. they are not able or they don't even want to program a newest one.:mad:

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk

Found your post that fits a little report I´ve just written:

I followed the usual procedure (after Update) that recomments this :
    Delete the UserData folder located in this location: \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData
    Be WARNED This will remove all your settings and the game will generate new files with default values.
    And this :
    Go to the Library tab in Steam
    Right-click on RaceRoom Racing Experience in the game list
    In the drop-down menu that appears, click "Properties" menu item
    In the window that appears, go to the "Local Files" tab
    Click the "Verify integrity of Game Cache"

After adjusting my wheel and stuff I had a quick testrun online and all seems to run smoothly now, fantastic loading times, great physics feel via new transmission etc. EXCEPT for the "stuck in loading screen" bug or better said the conflict between R3E and a proper wheel detection via Logitech Profiler (for the DFGT ).
    DFGT:
    It only works (without screen bug)when connected INGAME . Profiler software is still automatically activated when I start R3E & when I start the game with the DFGT connected, it (the software) seems to get in conflict with itself & RRE which causes that freeze when I push the "press to continue" button. So I usually plug my wheel in to be detected by Win first (after boot or reboot), then I disconnect >>> I start RRE>>get into main menu without any issue>>connect my DFGT>>>okay, is fully detected ingame (rotates during calibration)>>>RRE shows "Device connected" When fully detected I shut off the Logitech software/Profiler for not to run in the background.. and since the Hotfix anything else seems to work fine..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  4. Marcus Souza

Marcus Souza Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting the NO MENUS bug :( I really want to play the game... I was planning to buy the Group 5 pack...

I've downloaded the game again, checked the integrity, deleted the user folder, modified the launch options...

5. bigkevracer

bigkevracer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sonat,

i am up and running again,thanks for all your efforts to you and your team,all the best

Kev.

6. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I use a G27 racing wheel. I never use the Logitech profiler. Since the initial error 500 mess mine's been working flawlessly. Had many enjoyable races but all in single player. From what I'm reading it almost seems odd that my game and wheel are working. I stopped using the profiler when another racing game I was playing had issues with it. Haven't looked back since and never seemed to have problems. Are these issues only in multiplayer? I also just click on the RRE icon to start the game. Just thought I'd share my lack of issues in case that helped. As I said I have a G27. I run the game with Windows 7 x64 bit. Thanks for all your hard work and have a good weekend! :)
    By the way this is all before the hotfix, I haven't been back in yet. Hope I haven't jinxed myself!

• Like Like x 1
  7. RNTK

RNTK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "-cefNoBlacklist worked for me Thanks.

8. taxfree

taxfree Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hey Sonat.
    Seems like Yellow flag in sector 3.
    I guess you're pulling your hair out after the patch and many of staffs in Sector3 doing the same.
    I hope all you guys had enough hair. :D
    Cheers for Sector3 and for the green green green! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    This was a hard week for the members of Sector3 *german Beer gives you - skoooool*. ;) Enjoy the weekend now, in the very fine nature of sweden *dream* or go to IKEA *lol*.

Great job this week for all, thx.

And next week make me a gift - the NOS.:D;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frank Leo

Frank Leo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to DTM 2014 MP to use ! except the official server by RR to use !

11. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    it works!
    "-cefNoBlacklist" yeah

sound is awesome
    loading times are much much much better
    :D

12. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much, it works now. Time for some racing action again :)

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk, I've been testing the Logitech Profiler theory, with it on and off and my G27 plugged in, only issue without the profiler turned on is that the game hangs at the "press any key" screen, repeatedly hammering "Enter" followed by Ctrl+Alt+Del clears it and the game runs normally.

Specs in my sig, O/S: Windows 10, build 10122. Playing through Steam, Icon and profiler.

14. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess G27 uses another (advanced) version of Logitech Profiler (than DFGT) anyway. I will check out to uninstall it - the wheel detection should work via Windows Game Controller Options alone...I never ever used the Profiler Features cause its actually known for years that Logitech and Windows don`t get along with each other very well....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Just tried to use THIS TOOL to catch the cause of the hanging... R3E really doesn't like it! lol

16. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well that was a bad idea cause now I get what another G27 user said : I can enter R3E flawlees but without profiler the wheel detection is rudimentary and the steering lock seems to be fixed.(and of course my profile settingvs are gone).
    So at least for DFGT users the best option is what I wrote : Unplug it before you start - start R3E - connect the wheel & wait for calibration - go to task manager - or directly to the Logitech Profiler - and shut it off manually.
    This definitely works for me....

17. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Never used the profiler and never had a lack of features either. I can't remember what game but one years ago didn't like it and someone at another site recommended getting rid of it. Never missed it! Hope you get it worked out. I know it's frustrating!

18. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Small issue I thought I would report with this patch.
    • I am in Practice session - only my car on race track
    • I press escape (to Pause)
    • click resume
    • sometimes car is in garage/sometimes the car is still on the race track
    • Tried 5760 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080 resolution - same result
    • I used recorded video to verify I clicked the correct button
    Not a big deal to me. If I allow myself to pause the game, I must have been doing terrible.
    Last time it happened was 8 hours ago. Ok - back to Raceroom....:D

19. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Got the same but its actually not MY car, but an AI - just seems that R3E is switching cars for unknown reasons when entering a (SP) session
    @merlin
    Well, its a bit of a procedure each time :rolleyes: but I'm getting used to...eventually it works :)

20. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Good point! I edited my post to clarify - thanks for pointing that out.
    Also, I have "1" pre patch replay that causes my game to crash to desktop. The other pre and post patch replays are fine. I know the issue is being worked on.

And in race replays, I noticed that the replay video doesn't start in MY car anymore. I have to keep switching cars until I get to mine. Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned. But it was confusing at first. o_O