Released 11th July 2018 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Looks like they already did that:
    • FFB Multiplier in Car Setup menu now allows to go up to 10.0 (was 5.0)
    I just found it odd that I had to use such an extreme value for a single car
    No, it is at 60%, because other sims have modest FFB fine-tuning options and it's easier to set up this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion on Motegi the (GTR3) AI brakes way too early for the third last corner (the right hander at the end of the downhill part) and also for the last "chicane" (where the pit entry is) before it goes on the start/finish straight.
    I think it's also way too easy to pass the AI in corner #1 and the 180° left hander after the left-right uphill combination. You can easily brake a bit later and squeeze past on the inside line, too easy.

AI level 105. On other tracks it's fine for my limited skill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah, so they actually included that already. So you set it to 10 and it still felt light? There's nothing extreme about that, there's usually a reason for settings being designed the way they are. Most of the time. ;)

This is just me passing on what I read, cause for me all those FFB values don't really bear any significance, but sb said ideally you should set the overall strength to 100 % and then only adapt per car via the multi. No idea if that's a viable option tho.

• Like Like x 2
  4. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Nice job as always.
    Great, guys!

Next sugestion is Goodwood track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think the German Nationals cars could also be integrated into the GTR1 class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    We've discussed what to do with them, and this was one suggestion, but there's reasons to not put them into any of the GT classes... Still undecided what should eventually happen with them, but they're not forgotten.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Ofcourse! Here is a link to a screenshot with all my settings. It's mostly on medium with a few things on low (Come to think of it, some of these are going to low and others to medium, mainly track detail and rear view mirror need a change..)

I'm using an i7 3820k at 3.6ghz, GTX980, 16 GB ram. I'm gonna be experimenting with overclocking my CPU when my cooling allows for it (tomorrow!) and see what difference that makes in performance.

Some tracks have less performance ofcourse, mainly Zhuhai and obviously the Nords if you take more than 15 AI cars for me.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Ran a couple races at Motegi last night, is really fun! Also love the combined GT1 class

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday the first laps at Motegi with the Nissan. Today some more laps with the Ford GT GT1, McLaren 650S GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3 R. WOW just WOW!
    Impressive job done. Really like it. That sound, that motion vibrations through my NLR v3 and then the replays! Thanks for giving me so much joy. Worth the couple of euro's (even for a greedy Dutchie ;) )

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    My suggestion :D : [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Current idea about those is not to bin them (even though... old models in need of polygons...) but to make a GT4 out of the Carlsson, and the 722, just making it a cup car with liveries like we just did with the Zonda R.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well that would be something most Race Roomers could live with, I guess J-F ;)
    To me the Nationals are just THAT series, I'm not interested in at all.
    Thanks for upgrading the GT1 btw. some more options for Multiclass or kinda GTR2 -Retro Events...(hopefully for SP too some time)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    @Balrog

I’ve once again gave the FR JR a spin over Motegi. With the settings I use, FFB feels pretty nice with the stock FFB multiplier. The settings I use come from this video:

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson The FR Junior tires seem to lock up quite easily under braking at a high speed now. Is it supposed to be like that due to the missing downforce? It feels like you can brake harder the lower your speed is.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly why. Wind tunnel results from similar real life cars show that this kind of car design actually creates lift once you go fast enough, especially in the front.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I took the Ford GT1 out on Motegi. Thanks for the Physics update and combinating of the GT1 and GTX classes.
    I have been waiting a while for this. Very cool!!!!!
    And I'm always glad for new tracks.
    You Guys Rock!
    Thanks a bunch.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know which cars are on the newer physics?

To me the following series drive well, but i'd like to know if i'm missing anything else:

-GT3
    -DTM2016
    -GT1
    -WTCC2016-17

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The Game is crashing after 1-2 laps. Deinstall, Graphic Update does not change anything. Assetto is doing well. Does anyone share this experience

20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The last few days i tested the new/updated cars a bit more and i have to say i'm really impressed.
    I like to give a big thumps up to @Alex Hodgkinson for the new physics of the GT1 cars, the Zonda Cup, the FRj and the new DTM Mercs. If this is the direction we are going in the future for the new physics, R3E has a great future :):D

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5