Released 11th July 2018 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    After a single race at Montegi with GTR 1 (Koenigsegg) I also can state that I found two new favorites : A great new track with a lot of "groove" (the counterpart to tracks like Sepang) and the classic GT1 with sequential gearbox and gearstick (I don't like paddle shifting that much), raw power without an overload of ABS, TC, Kers,DRS, BBC, CNN, ARD, CPC, AHDS or whatever is built into racecars these days :D and off it goes. Superb handling - definitely a new feelgood vehicle for some nice GTR2-Retro racing hours....the merging of GTRX and GTR1 was the right thing to do - bought the whole pack instantly....:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Everyone talks about the GT1s and the FRj, but have you guys tried the Zonda R Cup yet ? It's just as good as those GT1 cars, brilliant car to drive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson Isn't it a shame that there's actually no official R3E server for FRJ only? :rolleyes: ;)

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I can fix it! Which tracks do you want?

• Like Like x 1
  5. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Laguna, zandvort, road America, mid Ohio, zolder are some good choices

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    The current leader drops 4 wheels outside of the white lines a total of 4 times for his one lap, it’s silly. On the last turn he’s literally a full car width outside of the track. Sorry but that’s nonsense in my opinion.

Keep in mind I don’t think my lap is very quick - I still think a legit low 1:52 or high 1:51 is totally possible.

Nathan

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just fyi, you were just talking to the current leader. ;)

The general rule is at least two tyres have to be on the track surface, while curbs count as part of the track surface and astroturf etc. doesn't. It's been like that for quite some time.

8. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Just gave it a go. Indeed a great car. Just be gentle on the throttle.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    It has already been written in this thread but the clutch behaviour is a bit strange since the last update.

I have always used a H-pattern gear lever (TH8A) with heel and toe and throttle lift with the vintage cars ans now I feel the clutch slipping when upshifting with some cars, especially the NSU TTS and BMW M1. I have also tried the Zakspeed Capri, Nissan Skyline GTR R32 and Nissan 300 ZX Z32 but they are not affected by this problem.

I hope it will be solved because the cars affected by this clutch problem are no more fun to drive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. eblochperso

eblochperso Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yes GTR1 are great cars, Motegi is a very interresting circuit but what is this clutch modification ?!?!

Now, when I want drive an old car with my H-pattern I have to swap to AC to find fun and realism. What's the logic of this change, I can't understand it ?
    I hope you'll give back the possibility (with an option for example) to play again with manual cluth as in past, or your goal is it to delete antic cars and manual shifters from RRE ?

• Like Like x 3
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I did address this in here either, admittedly in a somewhat vague manner, but that's mostly because I don't even know what that clutch talk is really about ( no clutch pedal on my gamepad ;) ).
    I'd still like to see a short clip of what's going wrong.

13. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I will try to do that when I can play this evening.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

You are playing to the games limits.. The issue is not with you.. it's a very very quick lap but I am unaware of an official track in the world that wouldn't have called you on at least 3 of those 4 out of track excursions in a race let alone a qualifying session. Sector 3 should fix the track limits - You're just playing to them - which I understand.

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Christian meant @ChatCureuil with "current leader" I think :-D

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, wish it was mine, but I can't take credit for @ChatCureuil 's lap time. Sorry, thought it was clear enough that I meant with your response to @ChatCureuil you were talking to the current leader.

Anyway, the thing is there's no global cut or off-track regulation... Well actually there is, in FIA's general sporting code, and that says two wheels within the white (yellow) lines. But I don't see too many actual racing series really sticking to that, some are more lenient than others, but especially in racing situations the stewards tend to be on the casual side of life pretty often.
    And as our cut rules have to work in all scenarios there has to be some kind of compromise, which is how we arrived at what we have now. Might not be ideal, but at least it's more or less consistent (with some few exceptions) and it applies to everyone, so nobody can gain an unfair advantage.

17. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    The best description I can give is the clutch slips post being fully engaged.. In a real car if you have engaged the gear and let go of the clutch you wouldn't expect it to slip (especially a race clutch). If in fact that did start to happen you would know you burnt out the clutch plate.

So you fully let go of the accelerator, engage the clutch, engage your gear, let go of clutch and come onto accelerator - the clutch slips and the rpms don't just drop but you get this moment where the engine bogs and simply won't get it's momentum back. It's very much like a burnt clutch or oil got on the clutch plate
    I almost agree with you 100% / but a hot lap is very similar to a qualifying lap - where those lines do indeed matter. I hear you when you say there was a compromise, but it feels pretty rough for this track. Going two cars wide outside the track limits to hit your apex to the front straight on Portimao is a 1/2 second gain.

18. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    This is a perfect description of what's happening. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't up-shift effectively no matter what I tried and tough at first that I was doing something wrong or that my clutch pedal was malfunctioning.

19. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Alex for your answer, so I feel to answer back to you.

I must say don't understand the reason why you builded this code
    neither it's logic and purpose. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding?
    So let's get to the point:
    In H-shifter with manual clutch, If I don't lift off the throttle
    while shifting a gear/engaging the clutch pedal, I can't be faster.
    The only result is making the engine yelling in high revs with no
    transmission (due to the clutch pressed) the car will just slow down.

All manual clutch / vintage cars lovers will say the same.

On the other hand, with automatic clutch setting, When I shift the gears
    I am allowed to let my foot pushing on the throttle and I get faster
    than if I was on manual clutch, which is technically less straigh.

So in my opinion the new clutch update for the manual clutch drivers is quite difficult,
    even unfair, puting them in a unrealistic/unatural situation. why?

Do you think it's realistic/natural facing 2 clutches (your own clutch pedal + the clutch-code
    working in the shade) in a vintage car? me, no.

Like me, other drivers involved in the manual clutch use have noticed a
    overall smooth effect. the car's dynamic in downshifting have changed
    like I said in my precedent post you answered.

There is something odd and wiked that the clutch-code brings,
    and I sincerly hope you will give back a look on this point,
    because for the moment all my very honest pleasure to drive
    the vintage sars of R3E is gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It's also worth noting - post the patch my controller profile altered - the clutch bite point went to 1 instead of 3 where I had it. Now every time I log back in - it resets itself to 1 and I have to change it back to 3.. Might check if yours is doing the same.. This results in over-reving for me