International [CFEG] 90 Minutes of Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Oreos, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Signup Link - https://www.cfegsignup.com/?league=100651fabfe602de067781dade34c0c2
    Spotter Guide Link - https://www.cfegsignup.com/uploads/One off Event Spa-Francorchamps.png

Event Information
    Date
    - Sunday 19th August 2018
    Event - 90 Minutes Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
    Class - LMP1, LMP2 & GT3
    Track - Spa Francorchamps Combined
    Practice - 18:45BST 45 Minutes
    Qualifying - 19:30BST 30 Minutes
    Race - 20:00BST 90 Minutes

Server Settings
    Difficulty
    - Get Real
    Number of Players - 36
    Tire Wear - X1
    Fuel Usage - X2
    Visual Damage - Realistic
    Mechanical Damage - On
    Flag Rules - Full
    Cut Rules - Off (Please respect track limits)
    Mandatory Pitstop - Off (Although you will need to pit)
    Allow Players Join In Qualifying - On

Website - http://www.chequeredflagendurance.com/
    Discord - https://discord.gg/ucNBAxH

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. Alexander Secher

Alexander Secher New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Will the race be livestreamed?

3. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, we don't usually stream our one off events but who knows!

4. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    gris is filling up nicely and still a long way to go before the race. Dont miss out lads. :)

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Dammit - GT3 is full already. I really don't like driving prototypes, so I'm gonna miss this one... :(

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, only 12 spots on GT3? I doubt that the Prototypes will get 12 Cars in each Class - Especially in P2...

7. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    the system we use is complex, so therefore its restircted to 12 in class for now at least..once lmp2's fill up, we will let more gt cars into the mix

• Like Like x 1
  8. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Since its still a couple of weeks away we will see how much the lmp2's fill up. If needed we will open more gt3 spots.

9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Totally understandable. Because of the high popularity of GT3 you would get 95% GT3s in every multiclass race. :D

10. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    grid is filling up nicely, just x1 lmp1 slot left and x6 lmp2 slots remaining. dont forget to join discord after you sign up as this is where the password will be announced. see you on grid

11. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    The next event is just around the corner. Dont forget to practice to ensure your on pace for the race. The password will be announced on our discord channel as always, once you join our discord ensure you speak to an admin to get the permissions to see the server password/details.

Discord @ https://discord.gg/ucNBAxH

There are still slots remaining. So if you want to experience a WEC style at the legendary Spa circuit then you know what to do. :) see you all on track

12. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I was close to ditching Audi and trying different car, but finally made it to listen to me :p But still it's impossible to drive without high traction control

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  13. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Nice - the grid is nearly full for the Race on Sunday... only 2 spots left...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Yep! A nice looking lineup so far.

15. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    We are missing about 10 people or so from the Discord channel where the password will be shared. Please let us know in the One Off Events channel in Discord if you are not in the proper channel yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the race yesterday. Everything worked like charm as always... Sad that some who signed up(especially from the Prototype-classes) doesn't showed up in the race... but beside that it was very nice and fair race.

I was driving in GTR3-Class so I had some fear how it will handle with the P1 and P2 during the Race. In Practice and qualifing it was already quite difficult to get a free lap, but I guess for the P1 and P2 it was the same.
    During the race it was nearly no problem at all. Unfortunately sometime it is not easy with the GTs to give some room, as the GTs need a much wider line if you don't want to lose much time. But with the blue flag indicating an incoming prototype quite early and not to optimistic drivers in the Prototypes, it was real fun in this race.

The Race it self was pretty good on my side - unfortunately my Strategie costs me the Class-Victory, as I decided to stop twice and change tires in both stops while @dryish7 decided just to get some fuel and get in front.

So befor my second Stop I was leading the race more or less since start and gained a gap by about 24sec - but after my second stop I was about 20sec behind and needed to pass two guys in front. As my tires were fresh it was not so difficult, but not knowing in that moment that the leader will just make a short stop I didn't take much risk and I lost a few seconds. Unfortunately I might put a bit to much pressure on the seconed one of them in front of me, as he was hitting a curb in a not so good angle/position while trying to get a good exit, which nearly ends into a spin from him.

Especially in the last 6min were I still had a gap by about 12sec, I could close the gap to the leader quite well, but as the time was ticking down, the gap was still to big. Bad luck for me - after the 90min were over, the leading P1-Cars were passing us short befor the finish-line - so no more lap to go. With a lap more, it could have been very very close but so I came in second with still about 4.5sec behind.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018