Become a real racing driver - Super Racer

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0

The dream of becoming a real racing driver: Sitting behind the wheel of a race car, fighting for positions, wins and championships and feeling the adrenaline. Man versus man, car versus car. But because of the high costs and hurdles in motorsports, it remains a dream for most racing fans and simracers.

But now, it will become true for two simracers. We are looking for the Super Racers 2018/2019 - one driver with an international C license, who will participate in the full VLN season for Teichmann Racing, and one motorsport rookie, who will drive a KTM in the X-BOW BATTLE Rookies Challenge.

[​IMG]

To reach this goal, you can qualify both online and offline for the big bootcamp 2019. The upracer simulators of the upgraded Automotive Group are represented at several events, where visitors have the chance to prove their racing skills. A total of six drivers will secure a place in the bootcamp and move one step closer to becoming a real racing driver. More information can be found here (in German).

[​IMG]

In addition, there is an online qualifier on RaceRoom with six leaderboards and six live streamed multiplayer races. Of course, we will use the Porsche Cayman of Teichmann Racing and the KTM X-BOW RR. The best driver with an international C license and the best driver without one will move into the bootcamp directly, while the second, third and fourth placed driver of each ranking receive a second chance in a semi final.

[​IMG]

The online qualifier is open now. Check out the leaderboard!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Any change we are getting these beautiful Cayman liveries in store any time soon ?

3. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I guess after the competition

4. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Mouai je pense que cela touche qu'une petite niche de joueurs..
    not too much interest for me, I think this affects only a tiny portion of r3e players.
    Just waiting for cayman liveries...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    déjà pour la Cayman, faut une licence, ça va éliminer du monde

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    For anyone who wonders if he should participate, here is a short video from Super Racer's bootcamp last year when they did this competition with "another game".

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I just received my new Motorsport Aktuell and they have a full page ad for this as well. However no mention of Raceroom, it says "qualify in the racing simulator Upracer'??

8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Thx for the info. That is strange indeed.

9. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    In the German info text you linked in the original post - that is the same ad. Both the ad and the German text only speak of the Upracer sim - no mention of Raceroom, nor a logo of Raceroom anywhere. Or is this "Upracer" some racing rig using Raceroom?

10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Yes, upracer are motion simulators that use our event software. When you go on the link, you will find that it's also possible to qualify on events on the upracer.
    We have created a new advertising that mentions the online competition as well, but for some reason they used the old advertising.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Sue them :mad::cool:

12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Where there's blame, there's a claim!

13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Today is the first round of the Super Racer campaign. These 24 drivers have made it onto the grid and can take another step towards becoming a real racedriver (drivers marked with an orange number compete for the VLN prize):
    [​IMG]

The race will be live streamed at 20:00 CEST, this time with German commentary, under the following link:

Do you want to join in? Nothing's lost yet, just make sure to drive the leaderboard of round 2 with the Cayman.
    http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/810/leaderboard

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  15. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry guys, but that car has nothing to do with the leaderboard car.
    I don't know what you did but it's completely different physics.1:29,2xx?
    the best you could do at the leaderboard was 1:29,8xx.
    I only know one physics, real world physics, I'm sorry.

16. Jardier

Jardier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue... Leaderboard 30,1 on P6 and suddenly everyone was 1sec faster... I was loosing in practice and qualy so much didnt know how... I tried everything...

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Robert, I'm sure you don't think that I'm an idiot.

I know, it's the language barrier. Of course I know about the clutch.I didn't came from another planet.I try not to write the obvious thinks.

I don't use the clutch so it shouldn't affect my car in any way.
    It was supposed to make slower those who use the clutch.

Here we talk about a complete change in the physics of the car.
    Before the patch it was very difficult to keep the car in the road with 1 wing in a race,
    after the patch it was very easy.

It shouldn't affect the car at all.

And in a magic way the leaderboard classification changed and the bottom went up and the up went down.

Some guys, especially the younger, can adapt to whatever physics, after all it's a computer program, but it's not a racing simulation anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I was under the impression that the recent changes regarding the clutch should make drivers using manual clutch faster. With auto-clutch enabled, I would expect the shifting logic to blip the throttle less efficiently than possible.

20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The main change is - when you use paddle shifts, you have to use auto clutch on now, but the shift times are faster. When you use h shifter, you have to lift to engage the gear on upshifts.

I assume before the change you used paddle shift + autoclutch off and shifted gears without lifting them @Giorgos Tzanetos. Which is really smart, because it was the fastest way to drive the car, but it was certainly not realistic. It also explains why your car felt very instable before and now it does not anymore, because it doesn't jolt to a side when you engage a lower gear.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018