Does R3E recommend a certain wheel?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pastor_Chris, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Just as title states, is there a recommend wheel by the Devs for this game? I realize that a DD wheel would be ideal but cannot afford that.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, not sure devs of any game would have a specific wheel they recommend unless they are being paid to promote a certain wheel... which no dev does to my knowledge :p

Each wheel that has a profile in game is personally tested when creating that profile, so you can be sure that all wheels should work and feel decent with some tweaking to get the feel how you like it.

I know a few wheels the devs use have been the Thrustmaster TS-PC, the Thrustmaster T-GT, the Fanatec Clubsport wheel, Logitech G27/29...

I would say it mostly depends on your budget. No wheel is outright 'bad' unless it happens to be one without FFB.

3. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. I was either going to get T300 (worried about quality), g29 or Fanatec combo

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    forget the G29.

On a Scale from 1 (Toy) to 10 (shit gets real) the G29 is a 2, the T300 is a solid 4 (and 5 with another rim), a Fanatec CSL would be a 6, a Fanatec CSW base a 7 and a DD wheel a 9 (not 10, because it's a toy after all :p )

I myself have a T300 for over 3 years (with the R383 Sparco rim). You don't have the feeling it's a toy.
    Tested the G29 in a store and I felt silly using it just by its toy-ish look lol. Also my setup is a 6 now because I the TH8A H-Shifter and the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v3 :D

5. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps a ts-xw