Resolved Competitions lap times upload failed!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mihai, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have this problem/bug for a few months with lap times not being uploaded. For a brief time, after finishing a lap, my time appear and shortly after the message saying about lap time not being uploaded.
    Thank you!

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, maybe you can try to delete steam-cache?!

3. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    did it before posting here... nothing... :(

4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    After multiple tries, R3E clean install, still not working. The problem is not on my side but rather on the server side. A bit of help from S3 team?!

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's probably down to some port being blocked by your router or your firewall. You should upload your game logs so they could analyze them.

6. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    It used to work before with no changes on router/firewall, neither when it worked nor now.

7. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Here is a game log, hope it will be useful and lead to a solution. Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Still not working! Did you check the log, S3? Any luck on finding what is causing this?

9. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Same here, never had a message <lap time could not be uploaded> until now. It happens occasionaly. I think it has to do something with a recent Steam update? Because I also noticed some issues when starting the game and you only saw the start screen without <push any key to continue>. Disabled Oculus VR beta and that is solved

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  10. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, no success with everything I've tried. Not that I'm some fast driver, mostly D3 placements, but w/o being listed on leaderboard I have little to no interest in joining competitions.

11. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Finally managed to resolve this issue. It was the antivirus (Bitdefender). After adding the needed exclusions, the game finally begin to upload lap times to competitions leaderboard. I didn't suspect the antivirus because in the past it worked w/o this workaround. Altough, the game being constantly update, he might encountered something he didn't like.

• Informative Informative x 2