Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    So what's missing after six EA builds?
    Something should be kept for
    upload_2018-7-28_0-1-32.png
    5 tracks: Zolder, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone, Spa and Barcelona
    7 cars: Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Lexus RC F GT3, McLaren 650 S GT3, Mercedes-AMG GT3, Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R
    One car for first build? As long as there's more than one livery! ;)

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I wonder what is so difficult in understanding that in early Access you do not necessarily get the full release content of the future, already on day 1. You get an unfinished game when you buy into Early Access. AT REDUCED PRICE. But it is to be completed over time. What is so difficult to understand there? Some people treat the announcement as if it were the announcement of the full game for September already.

And Christian, the game's components, cars, tracks, menus are designed from scratch to be VR compatible, here ACC is different than AC which originally never was planned during development to include VR. Its just that they do not implement it in full from first Early Access release on. And in one or two posts I considerd that to be a possibility. Now what is so difficult to understand in this?

Some of you really try hard to read as much darkness into the future as possible. But reaölity already has overtaken you:

The SRO presentation once again made it clear, in spoken and written words: All cars. All tracks. All teams. All drivers. All regulations. All tracks laserscanned. Full physics simulation for all AI cars. Full weather. Full day-night-cycle. Variable track conditions with puddles, aquaplaning, temps. Marbles, line rubbering in. New audio driven by real time telemetry. 24/7 online leaderboard. Online rating system that is player-centric and differs between improvement and safety rating. Classes based on ratings. Online e-sports competitions. Pit stops. Driver swaps both in SP and MP.

No speculations needed anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What does this marketing line mean? I dont think I have ever heard it used before.

Is that just a fancy way of saying that the audio reacts appropriately according to the physics going on in the engine of the vehicle, such as when you accelerate or lift off the throttle? Im pretty sure every sim does this already :p

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I assume it means they recorded the cars new, and in every engine and driving state.

To add to my post before, any further doubts on content regarding cars, tracks etc you may want to discuss with Marco Massarutto from Kunos from 46:45 on in this video : LINK

Game trailer from 52:08 on.

Full release Q1 2019 "just in time for the beginning of the new season" (original quote).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to conceived that it wouldn't entail VR from the start if it was built from scratch with VR in mind. And it's difficult to understand these questions being posed by sb who says things like
    So when will ACC make its first impression on the majority of simracers, when that early access build 1 car 1 track demo gets released or months later when at some point there might be a final, feature ready product?
    Could throw that accusation right back regarding my comment(s). All I'm saying is that I personally expected more, that what I've seen so far doesn't nearly impress me as much as I thought it would, as it maybe should considering the hype that's been built, and as it obviously does most other people. Still, just my personal pov and I don't get why you guys get all defensive about that, so much that you feel you have to try to convince me that my subjective impression is wrong somehow. When you're being sceptical or critical about sth it's all reasonable but if sb else does it he's a "unbelieving Thomas"? Well sorry, blind faith has never been my cup of tea. Guess that makes me a heretic, right?

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    By that logic any content not included in first release of Early Access must be expected to not come at all. Maybe I have a hidden superior skill or the better genes, because already weeks ago I said that VR is coming - but that I could very well imagine that it may not be included in the very first build. Like many other details, functions and aspects as well, which are not there from start on, but will be added over time piece by piece. - And no, I did not find it hard at all to take that possibility into account.

Context. So precious a quality. I must hit your nerve quite hard if you take it upon you to dig out these old quotes.
    What it comes down to is that your expectations of what Early Access is makes you expecting that it all, with all content, all of a sudden, pops into existence like in a digital Big Bang and if that is not the case, you are disappointed. No wonder that your first impression must necessarily always fail you, since you treat a work in progress as the final product already. But the fault is yours.

I just remind of this: For AC, all details they advertised before and during Early Access program, got implemented. Nothing was missing. After that, after release of full version 1.0, it was about alternative finetuning, especially the AI, and improving existing stuff, and adding new content. Why one must want to conclude from this example - and their earlier titles - that this time now they will fool their enthusiastic customers and fans, is beyond me. Their record speaks in their favour.

Your personal taste is not the issue here, but that you imply the first stage of a work in progress release should be judged by the same standards one judges the final product by. You condemn the whole construction phase and declare it "disappointing" and cast a verdict on the creator based on his very first release. That is not just incompetent - its also unfair. Nothing but this is my issue with you here.

And btw, you get an Early Access product at reduced price.

For a closing, to end this unneeded collision here, an advise. This advise is good, and it is free:

Yourself, do not buy into Early Access programs.

Saves you an awful lot of emotional energy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hui ui ui

[​IMG]

I think everybody should be looking forward for it. And if not, respect the most written sentence here in this board:
    If you dont like it, dont play it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I wish they would have announced that the game is availalbe on Steam now... Always this waiting... :expressionless:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Lol yeah, guess your genes are so superior they even enable you to defy all logic and correlation. Am I right in assuming that your farts are so superior they make you float 18 inches above the ground?
    So your pearls of wisdom about first impressions only apply to things that you're not an enthusiastic fan of, is that the kind of precious context you're talking about?
    Except I never said any of that. All assumptions, which you're reading into, or out of, me merely stating that this announcement is underwhelming me, that I expected more, and it's a bit worrying having to explain to such a superior mind that moreeverything. Not sure who comes across as a bit edgy in this debate, but I can assure you my emotional energy is well invested in things that are worth it, i.e. neither ACC nor your digressing ramblings about genes and mental states. But thanks for caring.
    And I can see why an all-around competent and fair being such as yourself would feel the need to give unsolicited advice, but rest assured, not all hope is lost, because I never have and never will spend money on any demo labeled as early access.

What I find interesting is that none of the enthusiastic customers have answered my counter question, especially if we remember that some of those individuals have complained time and again about the lack of free stuff in RR. But when I say that what will be released on 12.09. is a demo and should be free from my very personal pov that causes these kinds of reactions? Feels a bit like double standards being applied, but maybe that's just the enthusiasm speaking, or maybe superior genes.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Topological agitator. Yes indeed, no doubt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

Understand it ^, or pretend to not understand it, its not relevant for anyone except yourself. Understanding what it is has nothing to do with the question whether you like the model, or not.

And there is another advantage of Early Access, at least when a listening developer like Kunos is involved: you get a much better bug squashing and feedback on game's features and customer's wishes and expectations before you release it for full price as final consumer version. EA just should not derail like Wreckfest did with its many years of EA. But 8 months like with AC or now 6 or 7 months with ACC, is okay.

This is getting tiresome with you. Understand that I will not reply to you anymore.

11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    200122842-001-1024x1024.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't that advantage be even greater if they made their 1-car-1-track demo available to everyone for free tho?
    So you're allowing me to express my personal pov now, without un-objectively trying to convince me that my individual preferences are in any way inferior to yours? Great, thanks a lot.

13. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Are you really surprised Christian? ... do not forget that this is ARCADE CORSA

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I'm not really a fan of AC and Kunos... but that was a really stupid comment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    A-R-C-A-D-E

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    To be honest I felt a bit like @Christian Göpfert, as especially the ammount of content they want to release in the beginning of EA-Phase, in the already limited content of the Blancpain-series, is really not much. I'd expected at least the drivable Content that was shown in the "pre Alpha" footage, presented in the last weeks.

But for sure, Kunos will have something till release to keep the EA-Phase up and alive and till release to have something new for those already participating in EA-Phase.
    Not to forget that even after EA-Phase some new things will show up, presenting the Blancpain-Series 2019.

So let's just see what will happen in future...

• Like Like x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Another thought:
    What if the EA will be free of charge (we really don't know at this point if it will cost money)? Then closed for the full release that you will have to buy then.

A possibility.. people who already have the intention to buy it will do it regardless of EA. But people who are not convinced yet will have the chance to test it in (free) EA and will probably decide to buy the full release.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ No. Clever people who are in doubt will wait for the full release and test-play that then. You do not have unlimited time and opportunity to rebuy the same stuff again after you have given it back once. ;)

In another interview some weeks ago Kunos said that their time table is very tight and that they have their hands full with work. Its also some implications with the license , I think. Now, I assume they simply are not set and done with all content already. Else they would release it right now, nothing would speak against that.

That leaves two choices. Have people waiting for several months longer and then release full or most - or just more - content, shortening the time when people can get a price discount, ignoring the chance to get people'S feedback and opinions and wishes - or to release in EA, and increase the content list every month, and get feedback and bug reports en masse, and make people happy with let them saving lots of money.

Its a no-brainer. And a win-win situation for all. It avoids that people make first contact with the full release and due to its unpolsihged state find it terirble , so that first impression of the releae version scares them away. Everybody is free to jumpo or not jumpo onto the EA train at the time of his choice. Those who already now are pissed, stay out. Those who trust in Kunos due to earlier positive experience, board early. All others board or board not between September 12th, and full release date, whenever they choose.

But one thing. sbtm, I am quite certain the EA will cost money. Reduced price, yes, but costing something nevertheless. Its not as if they do this for hobby exclusively. It might surprise you :), but they do their job also for a living. And their employees must be paid. ;)

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Omg never thought of that. I thought they just need love and air. :rolleyes:

So according to your logic every game studio that releases a free demo gets bankrupt.

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Apparently they confirmed on their FB page that it wont be 1 car & 1 track.

They could have saved themselves some trouble if they just would have been specific on what is included from the get-go, but further speculation is a bit for naught as this will be known at the latest, by the EA release date.

That said, I dont think Im all that sure on what the purpose of this EA campaign is. EA is generally used to get funds early to further development and finish the game. That isnt needed here like it was for AC(1). Feedback from the community and 'beta-testing' are not the reason either. They already know how they want to make the game and what they want to include, and have 5 yrs of feedback from AC(1) as to how to go about doing things.

You're Kimbo on other forums arent you?

Your posts and blind dislikes make sense now, seeing as you are a complete retard.

Go back to RD and troll there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1