Indianapolis 2018?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBones22, Jul 19, 2018.

1. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Not too long ago I watched the 2018 Indycar GP(the road course, not the Indy 500) and they ran the track differently than what is available in RR. The track they ran this year, as they are trying to keep it as much "Road Course" as possible, added the extra infield bit before the pit straight instead of staying up on the oval like they had in past years.

So, in essence, the track is already in R3E as the "Moto" layout but would run clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. Could be an "easy" track update?

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jeez, I forgot we had Indianapolis, must be 3 years or more since I've driven there, maybe a refresh wouldn't go amiss. Must have loads of cars I've not driven there, must take another look one day, soon™!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    This is about the UI. It's hard work to scroll all Pages between the tracks or the cars. So many things got forgotten.
    Hopefully they renew the UI, to have a better overview.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    True, I definitely spend some time scrolling the pages to see what track I haven't done a race on recently!

As for the 2018 track layout, and for the sake of changing things up, an option to race the track forward or backward might be nice, and quickly doubles the track count lol! Just think of the marketing opportunities..."RaceRoom Racing Experience, Now with twice as many tracks!" :laughing:

5. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife Backwards? Ehm, no....
    This isn't Forza or Gran Turismo.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Haha, very true...just thought of it as an easy solution to my 2018 Indy Road course problem. Because as always, I'm curious to see what kind of lap times I can do in the Formula US cars in R3E vs the 2018 Indy cars, but driving it in the opposite direction isn't going to give me accurate results.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It seems the Indycar GP was using the current Road course layout.
    Compare this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_IndyCar_Grand_Prix to the current Road Course here: http://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/indianapolis-motor-speedway.html
    However, looking into this, it seems both layouts got changed slightly compared to the versions we have in RR, think we have the 2008-2013 version, so maybe they'll consider updating them. No promises tho, can only ensure you that I'll ask for it to be considered.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  8. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ah, yeah I didn't see that there was the slight difference in that corner at turn 12, being a 90* vs a horseshoe for the MotoGP track, and the omission of the big horseshoe/hairpin at turn 5 on the infield. Good catch. Thanks, for passing the word along!

9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to ask, if there more plans for different layout for the other tracks and give us a little feedback?
    Especially Slovakia hat a lot of potential, as well as Lausitz...

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Don't mention the Oval! :D

Seriously, I'm pretty sure we won't have any ovals in the foreseeable future, mostly because the game is missing so many features that would be necessary for those to work.

Apart from ovals, are there any particular layouts for Slovakia or Lausitzring that are of special interest? The problem with those highly adaptable circuits is that we can't really have all available layouts, that'd be overkill for rather little added value. So the general philosophy has been that only layouts that are actually used in any major car racing series will even be considered. Sb was asking about Paul Ricard recently and that makes the dilemma most obvious, because there's 167 layouts for Paul Ricard and it's simply not possible to have each and every variation.

But if there is a particular layout of a track we have that's actually been or being used and would add sth unique to the game, feel free to post your suggestions and we'll forward them.

Just as above tho, don't expect anything to get added soon. Right now the track artist crew around @Alex Hummler are busy creating several new tracks, but if there's free time slots in the future I'm sure they'll consider updating tracks, or maybe even adding layouts that are genuinely missing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Brands Hatch GP is used in the current DTM season.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, I knew I forgot sth... ;)

Don't think I'll have to forward that request tho, I'm pretty sure J-F is well aware of that one.

13. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If only we could have this one... No track misses as Brands Hatch GP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    This would be very cool:

[​IMG]

These too:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

An for slower cars this would fit great:
    [​IMG]

Every layout serves in reverse direction, too in real.

Lausitz:

[​IMG]

and of course: ;-)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    speaking of layout missing at Slovakia
    what happened to the Barriers that were part of raceroom at some point !!

16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That was only a temporary solution in real life, until they made that bump less steaper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Could have fooled us! :rolleyes: