Released 05-06-2015 RaceRoom has been updated (hotfix)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

There is some major glitch with the Pause and Resume. Nothing worse than pausing a long race, .. to go and answer the phone, .. or attend to some other urgent matter, .. and, when resuming your race, .. you are in a different part of the track, .. and a couple of minutes behind everybody else.

I've also had my car magically repair itself after a Resume, .. and at other times, .. after the Resume, .. my engine is suddenly dead.

Very frustrating .. :(

I also reported on it here: -

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/pause-resume-weirdness-since-patch.1410/

Cheers
    Tom

2. NoXiD

NoXiD Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I dont know if it reported already! Is that a new GET REAL modus? Blame! o_O

I got it now three times after the switch to the race, my Wheel steering resistance jump from normal to idk 500% more without power steering. It feels like i am steering than a truck with a tons of weight. Damn! Thats not driveable :eek:

3. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    the 05-06 hotfix ran great for me. The 06-06 hotfix has broken the game with a user login error :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I get the login screen regularly now, like before the patch, but under the premise of what I wrote in my previous posts I can login again...:sweatsmile:...phew....

5. SHUG

SHUG New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. First of all, I have huge respect for the effort the developers and others have put into trying to fix the issues with the latest update. Without wanting to give the developers any more things to do, I just wanted to give you my experience in case it helps to build up the data.

On Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit laptop with integrated ATI video card (please don't hate me), Intel Core 2 Duo 2.10GhZ.

Before, like others, I was getting a black screen in the game. By either clicking the black screen or by going Alt-Tab in steam and then going back into the game would bring up the white series of images of the cars. I could hover over clickable buttons but clicking would make no difference.

I downloaded the latest Hotfix and tried that but the problems appeared to be the same except I found that at the same point there did not appear to be any clickable buttons. However, using the "-cefNoBlacklist" launch command appears to have done the trick for getting into the game. I have yet to even try playing at the moment so I don't know what the gaming experience is for the Hotfix but I can successfully get into the game and navigate the lovely new menus.

Sorry to take up more space in the forum, but thought you guys might like to know that on my system that launch command works very well. The only thing is that when I launch the game, I still get the popup telling me "Failed to start game (app already running)". I'm not sure why but thankfully, it doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the game.

Again, thanks to the developers for all the effort and commitment.

6. berti1

berti1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What the fuck have to ruin a well-established game ???

• Dislike Dislike x 7
  7. Mikael Hermansson

Mikael Hermansson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Much appreciated.

For anyone who's still having issues with not seeing the menus, and haven't had any luck with the advice Sonat gave earlier in the thread, please see the response I gave in the Community Support section. Let us know if that helps in any way.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. R6Rider

R6Rider New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So the -cefNoBlacklist fixed my problem (menu background with nothing to click on).Finally able to enjoy the update for awhile.Good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Some update to sumun things up, I never seen any loading screen after new big update, always black loading screen, never seen first menu or been able to get in to any setings, video hub......
    The menus are working (klickable just not visible) when succed to start something on pure luck it work awesome :D
    But ending the program have to be forced sometime I even need to restart computer to get it to stop.

I have tryed everything from deleting everything instaling a scrach new all everything.. from using old user data setup.
    When it work it work no matter wich alternative and still no menu tryed changing windows graphic seting and screen resolution even tryed to start it up i safe mode.. ( no luck ) so as far as I see this the problem is on your end something you guys forgot to put in or mistagenly took out, to make it compatible with all hardware setup or something similar..

I got Windows Vista servicepack 2.all latest update to it a Nvidia GT740 2GB grapgich card, 4GB internal ram and aditional 4GB highspeed exchange memory to help CPU with calculations.. I use G27 wheel with H-shifter and pedals... I run it on a 49" screen set for 1920x1080HD widescreenmode on auto detect.
    Hope info can give you any new ide's ;) GooD Luck!

10. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I cant' play on my own server. Once I choose the car to start the race, a message appears " no response from server" Any solution?

11. Aldeony Pinheiro

Aldeony Pinheiro New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Your ports are closed. Open ports.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I cheked the portals and are able

13. Frank Leo

Frank Leo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good morning sector3 studio

we experienced a bit of a disaster on the server ! the ADAC GT Masters , we went and some people who put a normal driving style to the day occurred following ! after a certain time comb the display fore the engine light on . ie motor Warning! like or which you can work around this problem and it is at all possible !

Thank you very much

14. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    had the same problem ,run steam as admin solved it

15. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Not for me.

16. XXVI Sol

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    raceroom cannot adjust my wheel range(dfgt) its stuck in 180degrees
    :(

17. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  18. XXVI Sol

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    problem solved by turning animated wheel off and when turned on again it worked properly

• Like Like x 1
  19. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I thought you meant the actual wheel...lol

Wheel and hands will only give you 180 animation. But just wheel should be okay for what you set it to.

Glad you're sorted..
    Game on.

20. XXVI Sol

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    i did mean the actuall wheel :) sadly it worked fine for one race after turning off the virtual wheel and now it went back to 180
    edit: its stuck to 180 only when i start steam as admin

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015