Looking for suggestions on mid price point pedals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richlevy2003, Aug 5, 2018.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Looking for suggestions on new pedals for my SIM rib.
    Price range is 500-700 dollars US
    I have owned fanatec pedals, an older version of the clubsport pedals v2, they worked pretty good for almost 3 years, than the accelerator pot went bad. After an unsuccessful attempt of finding a replacement pot, I decided to get a csl elite set... They worked ok for maybe a couple months, now the accelerator pot is going bad on these, it sticks and jumps around now. Nothing better than your throttle getting stuck on a slow turn causing you to spin out in circles.

I looked at hpp, protosimtec, ricomotec hydraulics, Heusinkveld pro pedals and a few others even looked at some pro pedal boxes and contemplate my own conversion.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions.

2. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have ProtoSimTec PT-2s and they're great. If you're looking for something a step above consumer pedals but not too expensive these are great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I finally got to try these.. these felt better to me than the fanatec v3’s. The adjustments were better in my opinion too.

I’m also unaware of anything other than these pedals that fit the bill between high end and Fanatec’s v3’s.

4. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I'd luv to get the protosimtec, I tried to get them on 2 other occasions, last batch I missed out on by a few minutes... geez guy, make 50 or more in a batch please!:rolleyes::cool:.
    I do appreciate the feedback, the utube reviews reviews sound great, nice to hear regular user opinions though.
    Because my present pedals a basically unusable I purchased the fanatec v3, hopefully here by the end of the week. Still looking for something better as mentioned above.

Thanks again.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Just noticed this thread, and if you want some objective feedback with highly in depth reviews, I would highly recommend you check out the Sim Racing Garage on youtube. He's the only sim racing channel that I know of that has an abundance of high end gear reviews. From multiple different direct drive wheels, to many of the high end pedal sets on the market today... along with accessories like button boxes, shifters, etc.

As I recall from his reviews, he rated the HPP PRX-SE as his favorite, with the Heusinkveld pedals right behind.

I imagine one of the main considerations to take is whether you have a solid enough rig to house some of these pedals. Some of the nicer ones have pretty substantial load cells that can require a lot of pressure under braking, while some others have lighter loadcells that dont require as much pressure. So if you are really hammering those heavier loadcells, I imagine your pedal deck will flex if it isnt very stable to begin with.

I havent looked up the cost for any of these though, but Im sure he has reviewed a variety in that price range you mention. I know the Heusinkveld pros are right around that point for instance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I’m just gonna add this link -

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/show-your-cockpit.62/page-34#post-155666

• Like Like x 1