Released 11th July 2018 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Fair shout, you cancel him out! ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I Just wanted to reiterate how much I'm enjoying the GT1 class since this update. As GooseCreature said. It was like getting a bunch of new cars. As I too bought several GT1's and X,s a long time ago. And it's all I've driven since the update. I even prefer he AI in this class now.

As geeky as it sounds, I loved to see the AI get a stop&go penalty for passing under the yellow. And though I've been caught up in several messy battles in the middle of the pack. I totally enjoy the fact that they are battling it out as well. Feels very immersive to follow behind them waiting for the mistake that will give me the chance to gain a position or two. And guarding my own position at the same time. So as not to loose a position. Which has happened several times as well.

I know some of you think I'm geeking out. SO WHAT!?! I'm having a blast with this update and like to show my appreciation.

Thank you again Sector 3 For all your hard work.
    And as GooseCreature also said. Hoping to see the GT2's get magic. As I to have owned a couple of them for a long time .
    BUT take your time and get it perfect. It's always worth the wait.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. jf.tournier

jf.tournier New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget that this game is the only one with mandatory pitstops out there and a proper championship mode, there is a great attention to little details.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Just have to comment on how fantastic the GT1 cars feel after the update. I just can't stop driving the Saleen. Something about how the physics feels makes this one of the most immersive of all cars I driven in any sim. It's so good that when I return to driving the GT3:s there's almost that I now feel something is missing - they feel a bit numb compared to the Saleen. The Saleen feels more alive and you really have the work hard all the time and make corrections to keep it on track. I don't know what you have done but I love it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I also like the Saleen after trying it for the first time in over 1.5 years. It semi-reminded me of the Daytona Prototype a little.

8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson Can we say that this is the IRL FRJ? It looks, sounds and behaves like the R3E one. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. eblochperso

eblochperso Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson , you can see that this car use of a h-pattern without autoclutch? When will we have the possibility to use back a h-patter with a repaired clutch ?

10. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Like @eblochperso and many other vintage cars/manual clutch lovers, I can't wait for the next patch to fix all the issues on the h-pattern/manual clutch we talked about.
    I must say that we've endured some quite painful situations in a few open league races along this summer, due to the behaviour of the clutch and the gear box's caricatural decreasing health (though managed with real care). and it was a 45mn race, I wouldn't imagine the worry in a 120mn endurance race!

• Like Like x 2
  11. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    17th July and yet no fix, sad :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. TonTonGzav

TonTonGzav New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure we can hope a fix soon to get back our lovely oldies cars with h-pattern and normal clutch behaviors.
    As @jf.tournier said, it's a mistake :) just cause @Alex Hodgkinson pushed the wrong line code :)

Let's get a bit more patient and everything will be back ok

• Like Like x 1
  13. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It's interesting as it affects different clutch/stick cars differently. The Formula Jr does two things that are odd/broken, the older cars do another thing that is odd and the X-Bow does yet another thing that is odd (it sometimes will literally get stuck at a rpm post shift and simply never come up) - all clutch/fly-wheel related.. I'd be very surprised if it's a single mistake.. the problems seem very different.. But I'll keep a open mind and hope for the best

14. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Bit late to the party here, but I just wanted to say that Motegi is excellently done. Bravo and all that business!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    In fixed setup stil possible to change the traction control with a key on your steer. :oops:

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But you'll be able to prohibit the use of TC (or any other assist) completely if you wish so.

17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, my English is not so goot that i realy understand what you mean.
    Even with help from google translate

If you mean with fixed setup than is there a little bug
    I have a server with fixed set up on
    The tc is al Grey coulor but with a preset on my wheel it"s possible to change the TC brake bias don"t by the way

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but in the upcoming patch there will be a bunch of new dedi settings, that allow you to define which assists should be allowed and which shouldn't be. So if the server hoster wants to, he can force everyone to drive without TC, or any other assist.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well if the car has TC irl and the dedi doesn't disable it (forced off), then you should be able to use and adapt it. While the TC steps can be adjusted in the car setup menu, TC itself is not really a car setup thing but an assist, from a code pov, so I don't think there are plans to introduce an option that alows to enforce a certain TC level, at least for now.

Imo using TC (any level) does not make you faster. In an ideal scenario you should be able to do the exact same laptime with or without TC, because if you drive a perfect lap the TC wouldn't even need to kick in, even if you had it enabled and set to the highest level. If it does kick in, all it does is limit your cars power, essentially trading away some power/speed for traction/stability.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Nico and Jos, I think I was talking rubbish earlier. Come to think of it, what you're asking for, i.e. locking TC on a fixed level, was already possible, but only if you used Amateur mode.

Now however, because all those assists can be en-/disabled individually, you will be able to lock TC as well while leaving everything else on Get Real standards. There will be 3 settings, TC off (obvious), factory-TC (car will have TC if it has/had it irl, you'll be able to adjust) and the one you're interested in, TC on. I just tried (to be absolutely sure) and when setting TC to on (forced) I could not switch between the TC steps. It always stayed on TC step 1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1