GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    But 1 class of cars of which there are about 12, and 10 tracks is more than plenty? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Well, for now is only a tweet. Gamescon starts on 21 (for visitors) so guess we'll see than what it's all about.
    On the other hand, @Skybird as i said once, stop being such a fanboy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    What do we have so far? We have an info from a maybe not so official source, talking about WEC-Content and showing a Porsche 911 GT3 from Asian Super GT and US IMSA WeatherTec Sportscar Championchip...

With these little and not very consistent informations you can already say something about the final amount of Tracks?

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I said something on basis of what was to be read yesterday. To what degree that tweets describes ultmate limits of the title or not, we do not know. We only know that that so far is all that we know. Assuming there will be more, thus is just speculation at this stage. ;)

Note that I used the word "if". ;) : "If the WEC is all they offer, amount of track content will be an issue. I wonder how it is with moddability, due to the license. If the community can do its own tracks and the rest of the game is good, it has a chance. If it cannot be modded, it stands on short legs only. 6 tracks is not enough."

The Catalyst website holds quite some info on what they do and what experience they have and what companies have worked with them, you just need to examine it a bit. "Fake" looks different to me, and if they are "fake", then a quite convincing one, i must admit. Some heavyweights in their biography: Bethesda, Sony, Ubi, Activision...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Mind your own business.

6. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    For your information, WEC is running since 1953, with more cars, classes and tracks than any other series ;)

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I assume you are referring to ACC? Well that is 66% more tracks ;) And who knows, maybe they add Blancpain Asia as a DLC in the future?
    WEC would be fine, I love LeMans, but only if they really provided LMP1, LMP2 and GTE, which I tend to doubt. I would be more than happy, if they proved me wrong though.

8. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Now, this entire thing is confusing.

If we look at the picture and the text first. They are talking about WEC but showing a GT3/GTD car with liveries from Super GT and IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship. It could mean all kinds of possiblities from getting all three to the one making the post not knowing the difference.

The Porche does not fit with the previously released teaser by Simbin. It's ofcourse fully possible that this is another car that have been leaked then the one teased. However if we take into account the livery, maybe the Honda NSX GT500 is a possibility for the previously released teaser.

Catalyst have been completely unknown until now. If we look at Catalyst history and the services they provide, it is possible that Simbin is working with them.

They are mentioning going to Gamescom and showing the game off there. This is the first time i hear about this and looking at the Gamescom website, I have been unable to find them. It's possible that they are there under a different name or i'm possibly looking at the wrong place.

All in all, we won't know for sure until either Simbin says something or Gamescom arrive.

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    What I wanted to say is, that by watching the Picture and reading the Text, you should already be able to know, that WEC is not the only content. But with those informations there is just no chance for any speculations about the content as they are not consistent.

And I don‘t say that it is a fake-news or something. But I don‘t know which role Catalystos has in the development of GTR3. I have an idea, but not more - so as long SimBin or a member of SimBin does not tell us something, any other information we have is not official and should be handled like that.

10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Great. Love GT3.

12. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
  13. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But Paul has been in contact with the devs for a long time, so he possibly requested their permission first.

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    according to official sources FIA WEC's first season was 2012..
    it was formerly known as the World Sportscar Championship which ended in 1992.

16. Dan1

Dan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    But nothing is stopping them of adding more classic categories like GT1,GT2, nothing more than licences.
    And also, if FIA gives them full access they can develop the older season with Audi,Toyota and Porsche ^^

17. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    sounds like GTR3 offers more than the current season … maybe we see some true classic stuff of the "World Sportscar Championship" in GTR3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Sportscar_Championship)

… Spa classic, Watkins Glen classic, Daytona, … mhhh
    Oh yeah, Le Mans and Sebring are also confirmed for R3E now … ;)

18. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yes, for a lot of people, WEC is pretty much the continuation of WSC, which is not far from the reality, even if the name of the series changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    LOL, that's not what I meant either :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, you gotta be careful in this very forum. There is always somebody who only reads what he wants... :D