GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I agree that there is some contradictory info out there, and all Im doing is speculating too :p

From my impression, the info SimBin UK has shared is what they have wanted to share so far. Anything else, such as that 'leaked' tweet, seems to have been info that is shared prematurely. Bit weird to show a GT3 car when talking about WEC lol

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can check out their linkedin page and actually see who's working there. Currently there's 17 employees listed, with two of them not being programmers or artists.
    Well... These seemingly random posts did one thing for certain, they got people talking about them and their product.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I don't have Linedin - I am not interesting enough for headhunters :D

Talking yes. But in a positive way? Speaking for myself - all the info that came out so far does not make me confident at all. But we'll see after Gamescon ;)

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Me neither. ;)
    Does that matter much at this stage tho? Seems to me that many modern marketing strategies come down to "any news is good news". First of all you need to get people's attention, them even knowing that you exist and doing whatever it is you do.
    I agree that at this moment it's all a bit fuzzy, but I would never underestimate those guys, who've apparently been in the gaming business for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In Addition - with the last news, there were more positive reactions compared to the more or less cryptic post from end of Juli...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    The Dieter Bohlen principle ;)

Is it known, wether any of the old SimBin staff aka developers are still onboard or just the old managers? Is it known wether they already created any own content or just ported Raceroom stuff? The two Porsches look pretty much like Raceroom ports to me? These are questions that I would love to see being asked and answered :)

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The 'old' (original) SimBin doesnt have any employees that transferred over to SimBin UK that I know of. The old SimBin employees either moved onto Blimey Games long ago, or reformed as Sector3. So, for all intents and purposes, SimBin UK is SimBin in name only.

Unless Christian can dig through that linkedin company profile and find someone, or if Chris or Alan Speed worked at Simbin in the GTR/Race 07 days.

Only speculation that Im aware of. I think it was mentioned somewhere around here long ago that SimBin UK would eventually create their own content to use in the new UE4 graphics engine rather than just port over RR assets... but who knows what the status is at this point.

For now, your assumption looks accurate to me :p

Bit weird to still be showing proof of concept art with RR assets at this stage. Though, SimBin UK wasnt the one sharing that message in the tweet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    For the first question of your Post - I have absolutly no info about it, but I doubt it a bit.
    Regarding the Content - hm, maybe it comes down to the level where anything will be taken over. If you share a 3D-Model from maybe 3D Studio Max, is it already a Port?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    There's only 1 important question .I can think of right now which hopefully can be answered here.

@Anthony Monteil are you doing the sounds for GTR3?

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The content of simbin.com is quite outdated. The video there for example still shows SimBin being located in Sweden. So this video is even from a time the old SimBin still existed, before going bankrupt. So any information there could be wayyyyy outdated. I wouldn't speculate anything based on the content of this website. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's been announced quite some time ago but the answer is yes ;)

• Wonderful x 10
    • Like x 2
    • Love it! x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    hope you get double salary as well :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I'll be buying GTR3 then

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    oh, a new R3E competitor made by the same team :confused: … a very incomprehensible company policy guys!

… and again: R3E = the true GTR3 since 2013!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The overlap is quite small IMO. Can I simulate the WEC in Raceroom? No
    Can I simulate GT3, DTM, WTCC, open wheelers, classic touring cars etc in GTR3? No

• Like Like x 1
  16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any source to proof what you claim here ?

As far as i know, we don't know anything about the future content of GTR3 as a fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I guess Patrick is more referring to the work. Simbin seems to be leaching about everything from S3/Raceroom to 'produce' a competitor in a relatively small market.

18. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  19. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
  20. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    So where's the problem about it? It's just a short update in forum thread.