Released FIA WTCR has arrived on RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 28, 2018.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller

4 servers (1-24 in Server 1, 25-48 Server 2 etc.)
    This is much better than the system before
    But is 96 the maximum or wil this more if there are a lot more people joining as you
    expected?

2. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Don't want to be a dick but you actually promised it last year :rolleyes: we are still waiting for this, for propper organized racing. There is no way i'm getting into a top 100 as much as I want to, top 100 is still top 1%. The russian only tournament had 2.5k players. That would be 5% players. This is still very disappointing for all the other 99%.
    But hey, at least the aliens will have fun i guess.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Well for us there still is the SRS WTCR event ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I hope that I am misconstruing this statement. Does this mean that we will only be able to purchase the WTCR content as a pack with all cars/liveries/tracks? Or will we be able to purchase just the models that we want to drive individually?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. Just like with any other class you should be able to purchase each car individually. Think Robert just meant that you have to own 1 car and the tracks in order to participate, in contrast to those free-for-all competitions.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Well, my calc.exe says 96 out of 2500 are roughly 4% and 96% are 'disappointed' ...but hey, that are just numerics ;-)

From my point of view you have to be THE ONE top guy of your home community to participate in this premiere league event.
    This makes sense to me because if you are not among the best of your home community why should there be a place for you on the global stage? Who really cares seeing you in a global live stream so to say in a very harsh way.

If you only care for competitive muliplayer racing I am wondering what you might be missing in the countless multiplayer leagues? I think you can have much more fun there, than in an extremely competitive environment.

just my 2 cents :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I hoped that to be the case. I will probably not enter the competition. I just want to run my own version of the PWC races with the models that race in the US. So, the cars that I will consider buying will be the Audi, Hyundai, VW and Alfa. I hope that the i30 N will give way to the Veloster N for the 2019 season. It would also be nice to see Ford join with the Focus ST.

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Veloster will not happen in TCR. In TCR only cars with 4 or 5 doors are allowed. AFAIK there is only a 3-Door-Version from the Veloster...

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    You can also purchase them individually. And you only have to own 1 car and the respective track to join.

About the league, with the tools that I have currently available it's not possible to host a format where everyone gets to race. Basically everything is done manually. No matter how it is split up, for the most people the official competition will consist of leaderboard + watching the streams if you like. I understand that it might be a bit boring if you are not so fast and don't like hotlapping. Luckily I already heard from a lot of communities that they host races + SRS + we will open normal multiplayer servers in permanent rotation - so if you are looking to race the cars, there should be plenty of oppurtunites.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Thought JF mentioned going into maintenance on Tuesday, via Discord, ending with "this is not TCR" ?

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think there might be a patch scheduled, but that doesnt necessarily mean the WTCR content will be released at the same exact time ;)

12. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    The patch itself is delayed a day, as said by @J-F Chardon in the Discord, so I wonder if the release of the cars is delayed further then too.

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The release of the car was never planned to be today. I only wanted to patch today ;-)

But we still have to adjust BOP a little and in order to allow the guys to do this without panic, I figured it's best to just take today and patch tomorrow instead.

On the plus side, the BOP will be even closer than it was already.
    The downside is just that we'll come out of maintenance a bit later in the day tomorrow.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    i'm at work at 2pm....can i have them a bit earlier tomorrow please ??

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. MRGreeny74

MRGreeny74 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A question from a newbie : I´m wondering what "BOP" means ?

16. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    How much will the TCR package be? I only got 530vrp left. will 5000 vrp be enough? :cool:

18. sbarro3

sbarro3 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    :confused: seriously?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I guess around 1000-1300 for whole pack

• Agree Agree x 2